Boston Babies
Options

Pregnant but tests are negative?

Has anyone had or know anyone that has had a negative pregnancy test but in fact been pregnant?  My DH and I are TTC and I went off birth control in January, got my period like clockwork in February but have not yet gotten my period and I'm almost 2 weeks over due.  I've taken 2 HPT that both came up negative and I had a blood draw and that came back negative.  I'm not sure if I grossly miscalculated my ovulation date and am just taking the tests too early or if I'm just skipping a period this month.  Just looking for any advice!  Thanks!

Re: Pregnant but tests are negative?

• Options

Chances are if you have negative pee sticks and a blood test, you probably aren't pregnant. Coming off the pill your cycles can be all over the place. You probably just ovulated a lot later than you think. The only way to know for sure when you ovulated is by charting your temps. Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and check out www.fertilityfriend.com - you can learn a lot about how your body works. HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

pregnancy tests, yes I've heard of it before.  rare, but it does happen.  blood tests, no. those are very accurate.

my cycles took forever to come back to "normal" after going off BC...almost a year.  if you don't want to go all out with charting, like the PP suggested then watch for other signs of O like increased cerv. fluid (your underwear might be damp from it) or a twinge/pain on your right or left side.  good luck!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    when you go off BC your cycles can be a little wonky for a month or so. Wait until you are suppose to have AF agian and then test.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"