Boston Babies
Options

NBR: Anyone from or know about Plymouth, MA?

Anyone on here from Plymouth or know Plymouth well?  We moved to Plymouth back in November and are currently house hunting.  We don't know too much about the area and I was wondering if anyone on here had some info about different sections of Plymouth as far as what is safe/family friendly, etc... 

TIA!

Re: NBR: Anyone from or know about Plymouth, MA?

• Options

WeI live in W. Plymouth, and we love it.  It's been a little over 2 years, and we're happy w/the move.  Originally, when we were looking, we never even considered Plymouth.  We were concerned about the distance (had moved from Whitman/Abington area) - everyone says Plymouth is sooooooo far! but it's been great in W. Plymouth.  What prompted us to look was stopping in at an open house one day while visiting friends down here and realizing how much more house we could get for the money in Plymouth!  That was in S. Plymouth, which I feel is a bit too far for us for personal reasons, but where we are now is great.  Little things are so much more convenient - errands, highway access, going to the beach, etc.   DD loves going for walks down at the harbor area.  Summer down in the harbor area, while crowded at times, offers a lot of different things to do.

Do you read the local newspaper at all?  The Old Colony Memorial can give you a good feel for different areas (police log is in there regularly).  Happy house hunting!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I grew up in about 1/4 mile from W. Plymouth (in Carver) and now live out in Franklin.  I would LOVE to move back to Plymouth and could really not say anything bad about the town!  My best friend's brother is a police officer in Plymouth and he lives there as well.  For a large town, it is pretty safe, and the schools are great from what I hear.

I really miss being near the ocean - and most of my friends....good luck with your house hunting!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Cedarville, which is in S. Plymouth.  My husband grew up there.  It is a very family oriented town which is nice.  It is a very big town so choose a great realtor to help you match your needs with specific areas in the town.  For instance, Manomet is nice and on the water, but it seems very far from everything. The same with Cedarville.  It works for us because I teach on the Cape so the commute is painless.  There are a ton of townhouses for sale in my neighborhood and the market is saturated right now, so I am sure you will find the perfect place!  Good luck neighbor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"