Detroit Babies
Options

Troy Beaumont Maternity Ward

I delivered my first baby in January 2006, Has anything changed at that hospital since then?  Are they still private rooms?

I'm not due till October but I am starting to think about all of this stuff now, excited from watching Baby Story and stuff I guess LOL!

Re: Troy Beaumont Maternity Ward

• Options

Congratulations.  LOL- I might see you there :) 

They just put on a massive addition to the hospital, although it didn't change around L&D.  Things seem to be a little less hectic as far as construction wise.  They have new tvs in the room (they just switched them out when I delivered).  But the rooms are still private.  Oooh- and instead of the freebie diaper bags from the formula companies, they now give out Halo swaddle sleepsacks!  I also found out the do the super fancy baby photos instead of the more generic hospital picture.  I was a little bummed about that because I wanted a similar picture to what we have from when DS was born.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I"m delivering there in August/September and I was wondering when we should schedule a tour... Also... are the freebie swaddle sleepsacks just something you get... or for something else?

And how much do the photos usually run.. I heard they're kinda expensive...but not sure what that means since that's a relative term.

Congrats to you both!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered there in October and had a wonderful experience. I don't know how it was before, But I know several of us that have been there will go back. Also, I didn't use their photographer, since I had my own photographer scheduled to shoot at our house when we got home.
  • Options
    imagegoofysdazy:

I"m delivering there in August/September and I was wondering when we should schedule a tour... Also... are the freebie swaddle sleepsacks just something you get... or for something else?

And how much do the photos usually run.. I heard they're kinda expensive...but not sure what that means since that's a relative term.

Congrats to you both!

When you call to schedule a tour, they will ask you your due date. That's how they determine when you should take a tour. I thought I was being a super slacker by not doing it yet, but I called last night to schedule a tour (I'm due in June) and they wanted me to wait until the first week in May.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered at RO, but they use the same photograher I believe...we bought the CD and I think it was about $130.  Comes with reprint rights so you can print as many copies as you want, use for your announcements, etc.  I didn't think that was too terrible since it meant I didn't have to worry about cleaning my house and getting all ready and scheduling someone to come over to take newborn photos in the first insane couple of weeks that DD was home:) 
  • Options

We delivered at Troy in Feb.2010 our first little one and the experience was great!  All the nurses were very helpful and did a great job getting us what we needed.  I went into preterm labor a month before we actually had our baby and I spent a week there and they made it feel just like home.  We also received the sleepsack which I found was a nice gift.  Rooms are still private and very nice with a good size tv and private bathroom.  Good luck with your pregnancy!  If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

Sarah

• Options

Thank you all so much!  WOW! A sleepsack!  Goodness it has changed!  I am getting so excited now!  I love that this site exists because I know I can talk about this stuff as much as I want to here.  I feel bad when I do any of it at work or at home.  I don't want to bore anyone! LOL!!!

Good luck to all of you in your pregnancies and deliveries!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"