Blended Families

Re: karatechrissy ygpm

• ::butting in::

KarateChrissy could you please repost the chicken and cream cheese recipe?  I have looked and looked for it, but I can't find it.  Sounds yummy and I would love to make it.

::butting out::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hehe, yes it's so yummy! and SUPER easy! I do a lot of easy recipe's because I just don't have time to spend an hour and a half on dinner every night. I work full time! lol. I'll post the proportions I use, You can adjust to how you like or how much you want for your family. Usually it's just DH and myself, sometimes SS, and he only eats 1 or 2.

2 Breasts of chicken (I get a big bag of frozen vacuume sealed from costco, cheaper!! Just pull out what I need and de-thaw when I need)

1 - 8 oz cream cheese - Softened (you can use the chive cream cheese if you want to to add a little extra somethin, somethin)

1 bunch of green onions chopped (I usually just use kitchen sheers and cut, it's easier)

1 or 2 tubes of the croisants (IDK if I'm spelling those right?? Lol)

1 small can cream of chicken soup

small amt of milk

Boil water and cook chicken breasts. You can do in just salted water, or you can add a bouillon cube. I usually add the bouillon cube, I just like a little extra flavor in my chicken. Cook through. Take out and let cool enough so you can touch the chicken. Using a fork shred chicken breasts. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, green onions and shreded chicken breast. Get it nice and mixed well. On a cookie sheet roll out all the croisants. plop a dollop of the mixture in the middle of the croisant and fold the corners up. (I stretch mine out big and make big ones). Put in oven and bake for as long as the package of the croisants says to do it for. In a bowl put the cream of chicken soup and add a little milk and mix together to the consistancy you like. I don't like ours really thick so I tend to add more milk to make it thinner. I put in microwave just as I take the croisants out of hte oven. You can do it in a saucepan on the stove, but again, I'm lazy. haha! I just put everything in the middle of the table and we take the croisants we want, and pour the mixture over them. I tend to like less on top of mine than DH, that's why I don't pre-drizzle it on there.

You can make lots of these, if you want to make 4 packages, just double the cream cheese. If you like more chicken than add more chicken. If you want less cream cheese make less cream cheese, all up to you! The only thing I would advise against is getting fat free cream cheese... Your meal is not healthy, just deal with it. It's not worth the fat free cream cheese. lol!

Enjoy!

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"