Nurseries and Baby Gear

anyone not getting a bouncer?

i was thinking about getting just a jumperoo and a swing. what do you think?

Re: anyone not getting a bouncer?

• DD loved the bouncer and it made my life SO much easier - especially when I wanted to shower!  We had all 3 and needed all 3 personally.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• ctanactana member
    I truly can't imagine what we would have done without a bouncer to be honest. When we ate, he was in a bouncer, when I showered, he was in a bouncer.  We ended up with three as well, as their was one that worked best when he was a NB, then a bigger one we sent to daycare, and then the larger one that he's in now which he likes when he just wants to chill out.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have one, and don't miss one either. We got a swing and I also have an exersaucer he just started using. I figured I would wait and see how he did on the swing before getting something else. Since he loves it, I put him in that or his crib when I need to shower or do whatever - no need to take the kid EVERYWHERE you go. As long as you can hear him (take a monitor in the bathroom with you) all is right in his and your world.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I didn't get one either...at first. :)  I just got a swing, but it turns out he hated his swing and it made everything much worse.  A bouncer isn't a huge investment, so it wasn't a big deal to pick one up for $30 a few weeks later.  He only napped in the bouncer and it was necessary for me to have a few minutes to myself to shower or check email.  If you want, you can just keep in mind that a bouncer has been a saving grace for many parents and you can pick one up on the chance that your LO doesn't like swings or needs a different place to be put safely.  If LO is totally content with just a swing and you feel like it's working out for you, great...you don't need more baby stuff!  But if you would rather a friend/relative to pay for it as a gift, add a bouncer to the registry.
    A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I got a swing that converts to a seat (FP  Zen) and don't plan on buying any other similar things.  Right now I don't even take the seat with me...I just lay her on the floor or in a safe place.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I couldn't live without our bouncer.   We have the fisher price swing that goes multiple directions and my DD hates it.   It was a total waste of money for us.  If you have any friends with kids, you might wait and see if you can try out their swing with your LO before you buy it.

The bouncer is a lifesaver for us.  It is the only way I get a shower, fix something to eat, etc.  She also naps in it daily, its the only place she will sleep when not swaddled.  

1/4/2012 - First US w/HB 129, EDD 8/25/2012 2/2/2012 - Second US w/HB 162 2/29/2012 - HB 150 Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • planning on getting a bouncer so I can put them in when taking a shower among other things.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • f/u so where is the bouncer exactly when you are in the shower?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We didn't get one at first...we just had a swing.  When she was 2 weeks I went out and got one.  The bouncer has made life sooo much easier!  Plus she loves it and often naps in it.  We even brought it with us when we traveled instead of the Pack n Play because she loves it and sleeps so well in it.  You can definitely wait and see if you need it, but it's not a very big investment so it might be worth it just to grab one.
  • imageLux_Diva:
    f/u so where is the bouncer exactly when you are in the shower?

I don't have my baby yet but I used to watch my niece when she was a baby and I would just put the bouncer on the floor in the bathroom.  That way I could peek out and check on her.

• DS hated his bounce and I gave it to Goodwill when he was 7 weeks old. He loved the Jumperoo but you cannot use that until at least 5 months. DS also loved his swing. With #2, I am again getting a bounce as well as the swing and Jumperoo. You never can tell what your baby will like until they are here. My personality is to be prepared.
  • Ditto PP on the bouncer and being able to shower.  The bouncer and the jumperoo have some "overlap" but you can't put a baby in the jumperoo until he or she is 4 months old (and can hold up head, basically stand up w/ support.)  We put the bouncer away @ 6 months when my DD got mobile enough to "flip" herself out of it (even when strapped in- good times!)

If you aren't sure about the bouncer do you have any friends who might be able to loan you one?  

We have loaned out our bassinet, swing, bouncer, moses basket, etc. all between babies. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Im just doing the jumperoo and swing too!
  • This is what I'll probably go with. I love that its a rocker and a bouncer in one.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417056

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Many of my friends recommended waiting on a swing since not all kids like them, they are expensive and take up a lot of room.  The bouncer is small, less expensive, and it seems to be a universally loved item by babies.

DH niece loves her jumparoo but you will need something else until baby gets old enough to use the jumparoo.

• ctanactana member
    imagefunnibaby:

Many of my friends recommended waiting on a swing since not all kids like them, they are expensive and take up a lot of room.  The bouncer is small, less expensive, and it seems to be a universally loved item by babies.

DH niece loves her jumparoo but you will need something else until baby gets old enough to use the jumparoo.

ITA. I have yet to meet anyone IRL whose baby actually hated a bouncer, whereas I can recall several people whose babies didn't like the swing. You can always get a bouncer cheap from a nice consignment store as well. I personally would not have survived first 3 months without mine. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"