Georgia Babies
Options

Pregnancy Poll: Cravings

Daisygirls post got me thinking about my cravings with this baby.    For some reason I want - no, neeeeeed - Coca cola.   A lot.   Every time I go to the store, I buy a small bottle of cold coke.   

And it has to be in a bottle.   Not fountain soda from a restaurant.  Bottled.   And ice cold.  

Then the other night I randomly wanted a sprite.  But we didn't have any and I didn't want it enough to go out for it.

I remember with Evie I craved a Ruben sandwich.  Because I couldn't get one where we lived.  By the time we got to Atlanta, I was in my second tri and didn't want it anymore.

I hope this coke thing goes away too because its becoming quite a habit.   

So what do you crave?  

Re: Pregnancy Poll: Cravings

• Options

When I was pregnant, I had to have the sugary candy. I'm talking the candy covered in sugar, like those warms or straws. I also loved warheads. Sweeter and sourer (?) the better! I also craved red meat, but couldn't eat it because it made me so sick.

Oh, and about the coke, I'm addicted. I think it got worse after having a baby. But I figure, I don't drink or smoke, or anything like that. So I'm good. :o)

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's not life or death, but I am making DH take us to the Varsity (by town center) tonight for dinner.  I want a chili dog and fries and orange freeze thing SO BAD!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDaisygirl613:
    It's not life or death, but I am making DH take us to the Varsity (by town center) tonight for dinner.  I want a chili dog and fries and orange freeze thing SO BAD!

I craved the Varsity the other night! DH and I went there after a movie. :o) Now I want it again...think lunch :o)

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.Guz:

imageDaisygirl613:

I craved the Varsity the other night! DH and I went there after a movie. :o) Now I want it again...think lunch :o)

No..you guys should go for dinner so you can eat with us :) 

• Options

My first trimester, I only wanted fresh fruit and salads. Seriously. The smell of fried, greasy things made me want to puke.

In my third trimester, all I wanted was cake - and spice cakes like carrot cake and gingerbread. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I crave sodas, too.  With Polly it was hamburgers.  So maybe you are having a BOY!!  :)
  • Options

With Cameron- I craved milk,yougurt,anything dairy which is ironic because I was lactose intolerant during both pregnancies. So I ate lactaid with cereal EVERY morning. like 3-4 bowls. oink oink

With Amelia- dairy again,lactaid with cereal again, and LEMONS!

I would eat 10 slices in one sitting. Im guessing this is why she will gnaw on a slice of lemon now and loves them! lol

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a thing for Cheetos, which I never, ever eat and lemonade from Chick-fil-a. I'm talking, I was obsessed with that lemonade; I would pretty much go there every day to get one. I could probably count on my two hands the number of times I had ever had lemonade in all my life before I was pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With Rowan, I craved lemon sorbet throughout my entire pregnancy.  I mean I seriously could not get enough of it.  It was really funny too because I've never really been a sweets person besides the occasional pack of gummy bears or sour patch kids at the movie theater.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

When I was pg with C I craved lemonade and pepperoni.  The lemonade isn't unusual for me, but I never liked pepperoni before that.  I actually craved all kinds of cured meats- salami, etc.  It was so weird.  We ordered a pepperoni pizza every Friday night when I was pg.

• Options
    I haven't had any cravings yet...which everyone says is weird. Instead I take full advantage and eat stuff I usually don't and pretend it is craving so no takes the bag away from me. Yesterday it was Oreos..but it could have been anything. :-)
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Options
    My old craving was KFC spicy wings.  As of last week I have been craving fresh strawberries with greek yogurt.  Sounds good right now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I crave cheesecake....but nevery eat them.
  • Options
    For all the pregos craving burgers, George's in the Highlands, has the absolute BEST hamburgers.  We went there when I was 8 months pg after I passed my PMP exam.  It was so yummy!!
  • Options

imagemaykat:
    For all the pregos craving burgers, George's in the Highlands, has the absolute BEST hamburgers.  We went there when I was 8 months pg after I passed my PMP exam.  It was so yummy!!

mmm, I had Georges when I was like 5 months pg with Evie.   Then again when she was about 5 months old and it just wasn't the same!    

• Options
    I just craved sweets...candy, cookies and ice cream!  Lots of it!
  • Options

imageNozzeFS:
    I haven't had any cravings yet...which everyone says is weird. Instead I take full advantage and eat stuff I usually don't and pretend it is craving so no takes the bag away from me. Yesterday it was Oreos..but it could have been anything. :-)

Yep, me too.  I did go through a 2 week chocolate craving in the first tri.  Right now I don't really crave much of anything. 

• Options

With Emma I craved bizarre stuff, including stuff I hated before I got pregnant. Like mustard on a sandwich or sauteed mushrooms.  And blueberry waffles.  I also craved lemonade.  I worked at a hotel and one of the F&B managers used to sneak me a whole pitcher of lemonade to my desk so I didn't have to make 4,000 trips to think kitchen and beg for some. Oh, and oreo blizzards or icecream w/ oreo topping.  Had a full breakdown at a Salad bar once bc they were dragging a$$ refilling the oreo crumbles next to the softserve machine.

With Tess I ate approx. $1Million worth of pineapple. 

• Options
    When I was pregnant I craved oranges, orange juice and grapefruit in my first trimester.  2nd trimester was strawberries ( I have hated strawberries all my life) and 3rd was watermelon.  The whole time I HAD to have mint chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone! 
  • Options

I had a lot of food aversions while pg with Ethan.  I couldn't stand grilled chicken and vegetables.  My biggest craving was lemons.  My craving got so bad that I would suck on lemons and drink lemon concentrate.

During my pregnancy with Jack, I didn't have any food aversions.  My biggest craving was chocolate ice cream and I had that practically every day.

• Options

from weeks 6-10 or so it was fruit salad and tons of it. it was all I wanted...i'd go to the farmer's market on spring rd and get pineapple, watermelon, grapes, etc and make a big bowl i'd eat off of all week. I also hated sweets...which if you know me is weird since I love to bake (and eat) cookies, cupcakes, etc.

once i got my appetite back it was burgers and potatoes in any form (mashed, fried, hashbrowns, etc). 

no real cravings right now, i'm just hungry all the time. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I craved cool ranch doritos and red vines...not twizzlers like the non-pg me would have loved but nasty red vines. I also craved hamburgers. No wonder I was HUGE!! 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1st pregnancy....tomatoes - fresh summery yummy tomatoes, fruit and hamburgers - actually anything red meat.

2nd pregnancy - coke - bought the six pack with small cans allowed one per day, cheese, cereal - I ate so many bowls a day it was crazy, ANYTHING sweet - cookies (oh costco how I loved you), cake.... you name it.     

• Options
    I crave everything, lol!!  Second trimester it was soup - I loved all soups.  Third trimester has been sweets galore!  First trimester I would say Coke was it.  I never had too much morning sickness and I seriously think it's because I had one of those little mini cans each morning before I ate.  Coke is like crack for pregnant women - it's a miracle drug!
  • Options
    Oh wait - I know what I craved first trimester....McDs!!  I could seriously eat a cheeseburger, small fries and small coke after work every day for my "after work snack".  LOL
  • Options

Anything frozen. Milkshakes, popsicles, you name it. I need them.

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsL1022:
    I craved cool ranch doritos and red vines...not twizzlers like the non-pg me would have loved but nasty red vines.  

OMG, same here with the Red Vines. I can't tell you the last time I had one... some time back in childhood....and went to three different supermarkets in search of them when I was preganant.

• Options
    Pizza, coke, I Hop pancakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"