Baby Showers

Thank You Brunch??

DH and I both had a shower each hosted by our co-workers. DH and I were thinking that a nice way to say Thank You was to host a Thank You Brunch at a nice restaurant and invite the hostesses (3 each side) so total of 6 + significant others if they want to bring... Would this be cool or do you guys think an official gift would be better? I thought the brunch would be nice to get out and spend some time together and show our appreciation... Let me know your thoughts... Also... question on the Thank you cards. Do you need to give a Thank you card for every single person at work that contributed to your gift? That would be my first instinct but a lot of the ladies at work who have been preggers before me just sent out a Thank you email to everyone - just wondering... I was going to do a basket of cupcakes with one Thank you card for the group, does that work?

Re: Thank You Brunch??

• I think a thank you brunch is a great idea!

As for TY notes. I gave a seprate one to everyone, whether it was a group gift or not. I thanked them for not only the gift but for celebrating with me. IMO, that is how it should be done, even though so many times it is not.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I wouldn't do the thank you brunch together because your hostesses don't know each other.  If you go the brunch route do 1 event with your hostesses and another with your husbands host/hostesses.  Personally I'd prefer something else b/c I wouldn't want to spend a weekend with my co-workers!!

you can send 1 thank you note to the group and the cupcakes sound great!

• Loading the player...
  • I think the brunch is overkill and I would feel uncomfortable accepting, and having to have brunch with a bunch of people I probably didn't know very well. I also wouldn't want that big of a gift back when I was throwing the shower out of the kindness of my own heart. Know what I mean?

I say a nice thank you note and house plant or flowers to each host.

• I like the idea but I think you will have a lot to accomodate with the hosts and sig others.  It might be more economical to buy thank you gifts.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for the input guys. I did end up writting idividual Thank You notes for everyone and got them some treats for the office... everyone was happy, I think I might have been the only one to give out cards but it's a nice touch after their generosity.

The hostesses prefer not to bring their SO so the brunch thing is turning out to be a small party of 6 - very doable financially since even at $20-30/pp it's still less expensive than an actual gift, luckily we like our co-workers and they are sweet and nice people - so think they might get along. LOL - should be a fun couple of hours... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"