Special Needs

THI vs. CF

My son was diagnosed with Transient Hypogammaglobulinemia of Infancy about six months ago. Before the diagnosis, one of his doctors was concerned that he was showing signs of Cystic Fibrosis. He has received treatments for THI subcutaneously for several months now, but I have not seen a great deal of improvement, and I am starting to wonder if he has been misdiagnosed.

Can any of you shed some light on what to look for with CF? We are constantly fighting infections, and he already does not respond to several antibiotics because of resistance. Any information or insight any of you have is very welcome!

Re: THI vs. CF

• We recently found out our LO has CF, but since I am only 15 weeks along I can't tell you first hand what to look for, but if you click on the CF FAQs in my siggy it will direct you to the CFF website where you should find some answers. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My nephew was diagnosed with CF at 2 1/2 months.  The main warning signs with him were: no weight gain/some weight loss, greasy poop, salty skin (if you would kiss his head and lick your lips, it tasted like ocean water).  He has a pretty severe case so his symptoms were pretty noticeable once we knew what CF was (no history in family).  Hope this helps and our thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"