Georgia Babies

Patio Furniture

I'm looking at new patio furniture and can't decide what to get.  It seems like you either go pretty cheap or make it an investment and spend considerably more money.  Should I get a table and 4 chairs or 6 chairs?  I'm going to have a small picnic table for the girls to sit at.  We'll use it primarily for eating outside.  I'm thinking that 4 chairs would be enough because if we had another couple over for dinner they would have a seat and then the kids could use the picnic table.  Any thoughts one way or the other?

Re: Patio Furniture

• We got our set at Costco. It was soo much cheaper than a patio store. I've also seen some cute stuff at Target, Home Depot & Lowes. I'd probably get a table for 6 if you have room for it. You never know when you might need a little more room. And it gives you space to lay out food, etc.
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • DH and I have decided that making the investment is worth it, otherwise you are spending a decent amount of money on something that is going to rust in a year or two.  

And I agree with pp...go with 6 if you have room.  Even if you only ever have 4 at the most, you'll have more room for spreading out and eating, etc.  and if you have a larger party, you'll be able to accomodate.

I really want a new set, but we are trying to wait until we get a new house...if that ever happens. 

• Loading the player...
  • We got all our stuff at Home Depot (except our 2 rocking chairs but ILs got those for us). We have a small 2 person table on our small side porch and a living room type set (love seat, 2 chairs, coffee table and 2 foot rests) on the back porch. We've had the back porch stuff for 2 1/2 years and its held up really well. I would definitely buy again from Home Depot.

I would probably do the 4 chairs and table since you're getting the picnic table for the girls.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We found a great wooden set at Ikea- I was surprised, because I don't usually like their quality, but we're thrilled with it. It's been on a deck a year now, and aside from the wood darkening, it's still as good as new. It was the Applaro set from last summer's collection, and prices were comparable to Target.

• imageKecusc:

We found a great wooden set at Ikea- I was surprised, because I don't usually like their quality, but we're thrilled with it. It's been on a deck a year now, and aside from the wood darkening, it's still as good as new. It was the Applaro set from last summer's collection, and prices were comparable to Target.

Ohh, I love this!  I hadn't thought about Ikea. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"