LGBT Parenting

Hi,

I've posted a few things on the November due dates section, but I wanted to introduce myslef here, since I'm sure I will be chatting it up a lot with my "family".

My partner and I have been together since 2002. We had a ceremony in 2005, and we have been trying to get pregnant almost ever since. We had 2 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF. Our second IVF attempt was successful (yeah!) and our due date is november 10th, 2010.

We have had a bit of a rough go, with some spotting and bleeding. And well, at our first official ultrsound appointment today, I swear I thought they were going to say I was miscarrying (becasue of the bleeding). But, not only did they tell us everything was fine... they asked if we knew we were having twins! The whole twins thing didn't really surprise us since two embryos were implanted.. but we were SHOCKED because when we had an ultrasound at the fertility doc, they only mentioned one.

So, needless to say, we are ecstatic! And my sister gave me the, "I KNEW you were having twins! I told you the day of the transfer!"

Hope to catch up on everyone's postings soon.

Re: Newbie

• Welcome and HUGE congrats double time!  WOW.  I'm new here too.

• Congratulations x 2. We have a couple of twin moms here so I am sure they can be very helpful for you.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!  Glad you said "hello"!
  • Congratulations! We were also surprised to find out we were having twins (< 2% chance based on our protocol!) but it is great!

There are a few other twin moms on here. Our b/b set are almost 4 years, ThisWillBe and her wife Nvr2Amzin has b/g twins that are almost 2 weeks, and there is another new poster that is also expecting twins!

Welcome!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Welcome and congratulations x2!
  • Welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and looking forward to hearing about your experiences and so forth!  At least you're blessed double the wonder.. Congrats!  And again.. welcome! 
  • Welcome and Congrats!
  • Welcome and congrats!!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hi! Welcome and CONGRATS!! My wife and I are expecting twins too, and we were totally overwhelmed for the first few months, even though we had been trying for a year. She also spotted a lot at first, and we even called the Dr. a few times in the middle of the night. Everything was and is fine, but the good thing is that they don't mind bringing you in when you're having twins to double check, which is comforting to me!

Here's to lots of "gay"bies!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Welcome! What an awesome surprise! I'm due in Nov. too, so maye we can be birth month buddies! Congrats to you and your DW.
  • Hi, Congrats to you!

Would love to be birth month buddies. Sending sticky dust your way.

Is this your first?

• Thanks for the welcome, and congrats to you two as well!

This whole spotting thing really stinks! But seeing those little heartbeats help calm my nerves! And our OB/GYN wants to see us frequently (along with the high-risk docs).

We have a close friend also TTC with her partner right now. Gaybies Rock!

• imagebabyhyem:

Hi, Congrats to you!

Would love to be birth month buddies. Sending sticky dust your way.

Is this your first?

Thanks! Yup, this is our first :-) Maybe that's why I'm such a worry wort. I keep thining that if we just make it to 12 weeks, I'll be stress free. But I'm sure that won't be the case. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about!  lol.

• I know exectly what you mean. Everyday I hope we make it to the next. I'm trying really hard to take deep breaths and take care of myself. We just HAVE to make it! I know me, and even after 12 weeks, I will still be worrying. I guess it all starts here, because I don't think parents ever stop worrying. When is your first u/s?
  • imagebabyhyem:
    When is your first u/s?

I don't know. Right now, I'm going in for betas every two days. Once the beta levels get high enough, then we'll move to ultrasounds. I can't wait.

• Congratulations!! And...brace yourselves for a wild ride! Smile

We had two follies on IUI day and didn't really think we'd end up with twins, but here we are! Oh, and I had a lot of bleeding between 8 and 10 weeks (a SCH)-- hang in there, I know it can be scary.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Oh, gotcha.

Well, please keep me posted on how your betas are going.

I tried to add you as a friend, but I couldn't find you when I looked you up.

• Bracing!!!!!!!! Thanks for the support, this bleeding thing is driving me crazy. I feel like.. at first I spotted and freaked out - we had an ultrasound and they said everything was fine. Then the slight bleeding started and I freaked out - we had an ultrasound and they said everything was fine. Today, I'm definitely bleeding a bit more frequently, and I'm trying not to freak out. I feel like I'm just going to get to a point where I'm crying wolf and horrible things could be happening, and I will expect the u/s to be just fine. Taking it one day at a time.
  • You are so right to take it one day at a time. What a great perspective. Hang in there. Just keep focusing on those good u/s!

I wonder why you couldn't find me? The nest/bump is so strage sometimes. lol.

• Just wanted to say congratulations!  And I don't know how I've never heard the term gaybies before, but I am totally laughing about it quietly here at my desk.  LOL  Love it!  Can't wait to tell that one to the wife.  LOL
    Together since 12/7/02, Married since 10/7/06, TTC #1 since 6/2010
    July 2010 IUI #1 with Follistim - C/P
    September 2011 IUI #2 Natural - C/P
    April 2012 IUI #3 Natural - BFN
    June 2012 IUI #4 Natural - BFN
    July 2012 IUI #5 Clomid - BFN
    August 2012 IUI #6 Gonal F - BFN
    August 2012 - forced break due to cyst image
  • Welcome and congratulations on your twins!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, double the luck!  Congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"