Texas Babies
Options

Palmers Coco Butter formula?

Hey ladies...I am trying to decide if I want to try this out or not. Has anyone here tried it? If so what would you say about it? I have so many stretch marks already from having gained almost 100 pounds and lost so much of that...I am a normal weight, even a little thin for my height now (again)...I don't want to chance getting any more while being pregnant. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)

Re: Palmers Coco Butter formula?

• Options
    I dunno...I'm using lotion because I'm getting dry skin, but everything I've read says that stretch marks are either a "you're gonna get them or you're not" thing, that its somewhat genetic, and that there's nothing you can really do about it. I guess it doesn't hurt to try something. I've heard that using vitamin E oil is good.
  • Options
    You're right about that. I guess I just want to see how the stuff works. :) Can't hurt to try it! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been using the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Gel Oil that has SPF 15.  I really like it.  It has really helped with my dry skin, the only problem I have had with it is that is kind of sticky until it is fully absorbed. I do really like the fact that it has the SPF 15, especially since the sun has been out a lot lately.
  • Options
    Oh that sounds interesting. I'm so allergic to the sun that if I don't have some sort of sunscreen on it really eats me up. (I get little rash bumps on my exposed skin.) Of course since I don't know that I will be exposing much of me any time soon I may not have to worry too much but I'll check it out! :)
  • Options

Hey Suzan, like you I have also gained a lot of weight and lost it (and back and forth). For years I have tried using it but for me it doesn't work. I love that it keeps my skin moisturized but it just doesn't work. My sister is pregnant and she used it, but still got the marks.

I have been using BioOil and so far that has been working. I have even seen my older stretch marks start to "lighten" up a bit. It's a bit pricey but does work, at least for me :)

Hope this helps and I hope you have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"