Georgia Babies

I'm going there...

I hate it when I go for my WW weigh in and I've actually gained 1/2 lb. from water bloat due to Aunt Flo.

That blows.

In other news, how is everyone else doing with their WW? :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm going there...

• I totally feel you AF weight gain pain.  I BF and am on the pill, so I don't get my AF, but have definatly seen her results in the past.  I am doing ok on WW....in 6 weeks I've lost 8 lbs...not great, but I haven't been doing all that great tracking.  I am just happy I haven't gained yet.
  • Ugh, I HATE weighing in during that time of the month!!  It's never good, and I just feel so bloated and fat anyway. 

But overall, I have lost almost 21 lbs since the first of the year :) I have really slacked off lately, haven't been tracking anything...but even so, I still "know" what to eat for the most part, so I haven't gained anything and still lose some weeks.  I didn't run at all last week, so need to make time this week. 

I need to buckle down again, since I'd love to lose another 5-10 lbs before the summer.  I was just enjoying being back in all my old clothes...one night this weekend after I got home from having a few drinks, I went in my closet and tried on all these dresses and pants I haven't worn in a few years - like going shopping, it was so fun that they all fit again :) 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • ***Uga**** 21lbs since the first of the year? Wow! You rock girl. Post some before and after pics. That's really great!
  • imageUGAbride:

Ugh, I HATE weighing in during that time of the month!!  It's never good, and I just feel so bloated and fat anyway. 

But overall, I have lost almost 21 lbs since the first of the year :) I have really slacked off lately, haven't been tracking anything...but even so, I still "know" what to eat for the most part, so I haven't gained anything and still lose some weeks.  I didn't run at all last week, so need to make time this week. 

I need to buckle down again, since I'd love to lose another 5-10 lbs before the summer.  I was just enjoying being back in all my old clothes...one night this weekend after I got home from having a few drinks, I went in my closet and tried on all these dresses and pants I haven't worn in a few years - like going shopping, it was so fun that they all fit again :) 

I love closet shopping - especially when I don't have the cash to front REAL shopping. LOL.

And super yay for your weight loss!! Holy cow. Makes me feel like a slacker. I'll just say I took the holidays off! Ha ha.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Damn Stephanie, 21lbs?!?!  that is AWESOME!

Good luck to all you ladies!

• imagedonna&ed:
    ***Uga**** 21lbs since the first of the year? Wow! You rock girl. Post some before and after pics. That's really great!

Ditto!  You rock! 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • imageUGAbride:

Ugh, I HATE weighing in during that time of the month!!  It's never good, and I just feel so bloated and fat anyway. 

That is AWESOME stephanie!!! 

I actually tried on my RD dress yesterday and it fit!  It was still a little snug, so I wouldn't wear it out quite yet, but it zipped!!  I am finally on a good streak after plateauing for almost a year and then gaining at the holidays.  We're going to the beach in August with a bunch of Joey's college friends, and i refuse to be the "fat wife."  So I still want to lose another 15-20 lbs before then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Weigh in did not go well for me on Saturday but that was to be expected.  My mom was here for a week a half and I hate a bunch of good tasting but bad for you food.  Plus it was Ava's birthday so I had lots of yummy Publix cake.  But I am back on it now.  So sad to lose my breastfeeding points.  :(  This week is going to be rough!!!

Way to go w/ the 21 pounds since the first of the year!  That is AWESOME!

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Aw, thanks y'all :)  Hmmm, I would post pictures, but I have no idea how to do that.  And, I guess I need to get a recent one snapped :) 

Lauren took some pics of my boys last fall (got one of my favorite pictures ever of them together!), and I happened to end up in one...I was SO.FAT, that was definitely motivation to join Weight Watchers.

Plus, I just booked a vacation with one of my skinniest friends, so that's definitely renewed my motivation to keep going :)   

• Wow Stephanie, that is awesome!!!  I am super frustrated-I can't lose any weight.  I know it's because I'm BF'ing and I just don't lose any weight until I quit, but it's very discouraging.  I want my body back :(
  • Stephanie, that is so awesome!   Congrats!   

• Wow, 20 lbs since the beginning of the year is amazing! Awesome work, girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Stephanie--that is kicka**!! Awesome job!!

The scale is finally starting to move again. I'm down 8 lbs since the beginning of the year and am 4 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.  My goal is to lose another 15-20 so I'm a size 6 (am a 10 now)

On a pissy note, I went to the doctor's yesterday and I had a skinny old nurse tell me that "I was NOT thin" and whatever I was eating was not working for my body. I've had to completely redo my diet to account for all the injuries that I suffered during childbirth. So far this year, I have cut out all dairy, all carbonated drinks, coffee.  Then this nurse told me that I need to cut out salads, all dark green vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers strawberries.  She recommended that I go no-carb...WTF.

Needless to say, I left the office in tears!!  Now I have no idea what I should be eating.

• imagemaykat:

Stephanie--that is kicka**!! Awesome job!!

The scale is finally starting to move again. I'm down 8 lbs since the beginning of the year and am 4 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.  My goal is to lose another 15-20 so I'm a size 6 (am a 10 now)

On a pissy note, I went to the doctor's yesterday and I had a skinny old nurse tell me that "I was NOT thin" and whatever I was eating was not working for my body. I've had to completely redo my diet to account for all the injuries that I suffered during childbirth. So far this year, I have cut out all dairy, all carbonated drinks, coffee.  Then this nurse told me that I need to cut out salads, all dark green vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers strawberries.  She recommended that I go no-carb...WTF.

Needless to say, I left the office in tears!!  Now I have no idea what I should be eating.

That old b!tch should be out of a job. Pronto. WTH are you supposed to eat? I'd call and report her.

• WTF does she want you to eat?    Who tells someone not to eat dark green vegetables???  
  • imageMLvK:
    WTF does she want you to eat?    Who tells someone not to eat dark green vegetables???  

Random, but actually, my girlfriend was recovering from a blood clot in her lung and they told her no leafy/dark green veggies. Something to do with the iron and clotting.

• Yep, she told me this because I have a blood disorder and actually have a problem with my blood clotting.  I'm a bleeder.  I've always been told to avoid aspirin and this is the first I've heard about avoiding the dark green veggies.

I really want to go to a dietician that will design food menus for me based on my chemical make-up..No idea how to find someone and how much that would cost $$..but this is now at the top of my list if I hit the lottery.

• holy hell kathleen!  that is seriously not cool!  hugs!
  • Kathleen, that's crazy!!  I'd be super frustrated, too, and not have a clue what I should be eating.  In your situation, I bet a nutritionist could really help you figure out what would be best for your health...sorry, girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"