Georgia Babies

Need to vent!!

I can't say anything to DH's family about anything without it causing issues! Will's cousin is in town for a few days (she's 19). Anytime she comes into town, no one besides my BIL and SIL see her because she stays with them the entire time because they don't work and do nothing but play rockband all day. And they let her drink. She came into town today and we went straight over to my inlaws to see her for a few and we were all joking that we'll never see her because BIL is the only one who has alcohol. Well, her mom said "oh well, he said they keep a dry house". DH said, "uh...since when???" Thne I mentioned that just last week he took home a case of beer from our house. Well, apparently his mom is so incredibly naive and believes he doesn't drink (FIL was an alcoholic for years, so she has no tolerance for drinkers). So she got all up in arms about it and said something to BIL today. So BIL is mad at me and goes to DH about why I was saying he drinks. Uh....he DOES! And he's 28 years old, he can!! I wasn't being a "tattle-tale" I seriously believed that my MIL really wasn't that dumb. My inlaws are stupid.
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Need to vent!!

• oh my, what is with people.  vent away, you did not a thing wrong. :-)
  • My MIL was pretty clueless about Dh's moderate drinking and flipped out when she found out he possessed alcohol.  It was quite the scene.  I thought it was ridiculous that before that he tiptoed around her hiding it.  For some reason boys have a hard time coming clean to their mommas about stuff.

Your BIL really should consider the dangers of supplying alcohol to a minor (under 21).  There are serious legal ramifications.  Personally I think that the drinking age should be 18 BUT the law is the law.  However, since he is going to do what he wants to do, just make sure that your niece is safe if you can.  I would definitely confront him with your concerns though.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh Lord.  I think it is more disrespectful hide things like that from your parents instead of being open and honest.  Like for example when I made reference to my husbands tattoo in front of his parents.  Just last year.  They had NO idea and he's had it since he was 19.  oops.
  • imageK&P414:
    Oh Lord.  I think it is more disrespectful hide things like that from your parents instead of being open and honest.  Like for example when I made reference to my husbands tattoo in front of his parents.  Just last year.  They had NO idea and he's had it since he was 19.  oops.

LMAO.  Laurann you are awesome today.

• imageK&P414:
    Oh Lord.  I think it is more disrespectful hide things like that from your parents instead of being open and honest.  Like for example when I made reference to my husbands tattoo in front of his parents.  Just last year.  They had NO idea and he's had it since he was 19.  oops.

Yep! My BIL has hid a tattoo too! Last year we all went to vegas and he wore a long sleeve shirt in 100+ degree weather just to hide the tattoo on his arm. Then he got another one and has yet to tell them about it. He's 28!!! Seriously??? Why does it matter that his Mommy doesn't approve???

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That's absolutely insane....a 28 yr old hiding his drinking. I think ur MIL knows and just used you for the opportunity to confront her son. Sucks!
  • Vent away honey!  That kind of stuff drives me batty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"