South Florida Babies

One nap or two? What does your toddler do?

Will Nadia eventually switch to one nap on her own? Or do I have to do it for her? She still does a morning nap & afternoon, but most kids usually go to one nap a day after age one, right? I feel like every time I go out with friends & their kids (similar ages) our schedule is always off.

Re: One nap or two? What does your toddler do?

• wow... abby switched to one nap at 10 months and now it's a mission to even get her do the one!
  • Jake also switched to 1 nap at 10 months. I've heard of other toddlers still taking 2 now. Hey whatever works!
  • Loading the player...
  • AlbahAlbah member
    EE can do both - he will take a short morning nap and a bit longer afternoon nap on weekdays and on weekends he usually does one good midday nap. I think us as parents can have some control after age 1; choose what's best for you and your little one!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• i had to switch mady myself from 2 naps to 1 nap at around 12 months or so...i would say she was around 13-14 months?

naptime switched from early morning AND afternoon to just 1 afternoon nap (usually she starts her naps now around 12:30-1 and wakes up anywhere from 2-4pm). today she napped from 1-4pm but remember we have an 8pm bedtime too.

another thing, i'm lenient if we're out and about on wknds, sometimes i try to be home around her naptime so she can still nap if not an earlier bedtime (like 6-6:30pm) works just as well. i try my best to not let her schedule interfere with our wknd time since its the only time the 3 of us are actually together :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mikey has been down to one nap a day since he was 10 months old, but that's because daycare worked with him on that. He still goes down for his 1 nap a day.
  • Liam still NEEDED his morning nap until about 17 months.  After that he started skipping it without a problem (he'd be drowsy and then get interested in something and we'd miss the nap) and we shifted to one early afternoon nap pretty quickly.

• I let my boys transition when they were ready. THey both still needed two naps until they were abotu 18 months old and then dropped one and took 3 hour naps.

• Zoe also transitioned to 1 nap pretty late, closer to 18 months. We weren't in a rush cause her naps have always been really short, so i was happier with 1 than 2, but when she started school at 18 months they do one nap after lunch, so we started going toward that about a month before she started.
  • Chelsea went down to one nap a day when she moved from the nursery to the one-year old room at her school (11months).  She takes a nap shortly after lunch and we do the same at home.  She wakes up at 7am every morning and once in a while, if we see she is super cranky - we'll put her down for a mid-morning nap, say 10am or so. 

I too try to work around her nap schedule on the weekends (or we all pay for it) unless she is not cranky.  If I see she can make it through the day without a nap, she'll just have an earlier bedtime. 

• Zachary still needs two naps. He takes a long nap in the morning - about 2 to 2.5 hours, and then a 1 hr nap in the afternoon. He usually wakes up at around 8am and goes to sleep around 8:30 or 9pm.

I'm sure if he went to sleep at 7pm he would be at 1 nap but I really need those 3 hours during the day to do work, so I'm happy with him napping a lot during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Quinn started transitioning to 1 nap a day between 10 months and a year. Since then, he's napped after lunch from 12 - 2or3pm every day. That's with a wake-up by 7am and bedtime at 7:30pm.

• Graciela still does two naps now at 13 months old.  Wakes at 6:30, naps around 9:30 or 10 for 2 hours, naps again around 3-4pm for an hour or hour and a half, and bedtime at 7 or 7:30pm. They still let her follow that schedule at daycare (although she takes longer naps at home than at school).

She needs a lot more sleep than Cedric ever did.  He sleeps from 9:30pm to 6:30am and has no naps now at almost 3 y/o, but at 15 months he was doing a 2 hour nap after lunch and sleeping from 8:30 to 5:30am.  They transitioned him at daycare. 

Tania

• Our daycare switched Sophie at 1 year when she moved to her new classroom. She was not quite ready yet and stayed with two naps on the weekend for a couple more months until she dropped it completely. I think by 14 months she was totally on one nap only.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"