New to The Bump

newbie and been TTC for 6 months

Hi ladies!

My DH and I have been ttc for 6 months, although I've been off BC for 15 months and before we were "trying" we weren't "not trying" either.

I've had blood work and a histerosalpingogram (all fine), and my sweet DH is going in for a semen analysis next week. I'm 29 and he's 31 and we're both healthy and in average shape.

Can someone please push a magic button and tell me when I can expect a BFP!?!?!? :)

Thanks! :) 

Re: newbie and been TTC for 6 months

• I forgot to mention that we had a miscarriage three years ago, that still haunts me a bit... :(
  • We have been TTC for 6 months too.  I am starting to get nervous, and depressed and am planning our next move, not sure what is next
  • Loading the player...
  • Just remember it can take a HEALTHY couple up to a year to get PG.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • my DH and i have been TTC for 6 months and i already have a 7 year old from a previous relationship but he has no biological children and every month i hope for the BFP.  Im starting to get him on vitamins and he just quit smoking. so were the opposite of you but ill pray for you and hope it happens sooner rather than later.
  • Ok...hold on.  Have you been charting your CM, or BBT?  You need to do this in order to know when you're ovulating.  That's just a tip.

6 months is not a long enough time to freak out.  Sperm analysis already?  Seriously.  If you've been trying for over a year and a half, I would understand it.  But, like a PP said, it can take a HEALTHY couple up to a year to conceive without outside intervention.  Also, the dr. who ordered the sperm analysis, IMO?  Just looking for more money.  It's a bullshiit test to order at this stage in the game.

Go over to the TTC board...they'll help you out with chart examples.

Asides from that, good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've only been off of birth control/TTC for two months.  I went to my gyno a few weeks ago and she put me on Provera because I hadnt had a period since coming off the pill which I heard is quite normal.  But, shes already talking blood tests/sperm analysis and clomid!  I was sure I was in (very) early menopause by the time I left her office (I'm 21).  But, the blood work all came back normal so I'm thinking about finding a new dr.  After reading on here a bit I think I'm going to wait for a while to start actively TTC.  But, what I'm getting at is every doctor is different.  If I stay with my gyno she'd probably have us on round 2 of IVF by the time 6 months rolls around!
  • Hi ladies, the Trying to Get Pregnant board would probably be a great resource for all of you.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imagemonkiem:

Ok...hold on.  Have you been charting your CM, or BBT?  You need to do this in order to know when you're ovulating.  That's just a tip.

6 months is not a long enough time to freak out.  Sperm analysis already?  Seriously.  If you've been trying for over a year and a half, I would understand it.  But, like a PP said, it can take a HEALTHY couple up to a year to conceive without outside intervention.  Also, the dr. who ordered the sperm analysis, IMO?  Just looking for more money.  It's a bullshiit test to order at this stage in the game.

Big fat disagree. If you haven't been preventing for 15 months, that counts as TTC. If you've been TTC over 1 year, or over 6 months if you're over 35, you've met the clinical definition of infertility. I hope you can get some answers, either way, good luck! 

• imageSkypekWithoutAC:
    imagemonkiem:

Ok...hold on.  Have you been charting your CM, or BBT?  You need to do this in order to know when you're ovulating.  That's just a tip.

Big fat disagree. If you haven't been preventing for 15 months, that counts as TTC. If you've been TTC over 1 year, or over 6 months if you're over 35, you've met the clinical definition of infertility. I hope you can get some answers, either way, good luck! 

agreed completely.  

Best of luck to you and I hope you get a sticky BFP soon! 

TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards