Nurseries and Baby Gear

Crib Mattress and Bedding Question

Hey Ladies!

My husband and I are getting our baby budget ready for when we TTC this winter. 

We have no idea on how to pick out a good mattress...any of you have one you swear by?

Also - we found bedding we LOVE from Cotton Tale Designs - called Elephant Brigade. Do any of you have Cotton Tale Designs bedding? How do you like it!

Thanks!

Re: Crib Mattress and Bedding Question

• We just got the Colgate Classica I Foam Mattress, it's really nice!  From what I understand, it has high ratings in Baby Bargains.  We don't have that book, I purchased the mattress based on reviews from girls on here & reviews on Amazon.com.  It was about $170 (free shipping via Amazon).
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • imagecdc1982:
    We just got the Colgate Classica I Foam Mattress, it's really nice!  From what I understand, it has high ratings in Baby Bargains.  We don't have that book, I purchased the mattress based on reviews from girls on here & reviews on Amazon.com.  It was about $170 (free shipping via Amazon).

Depending on when you order it, you can get this same mattress from albeebaby.com for about $130.  Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • I have the Colgate Classica I as well.  I would purchase baby bargains---great insight! They combine consumer reports with parent reviews.
  • I just bought my mattress at Ikea.  It's foam and was $59.99.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got the Colgate Supreme from Allbeebay.com and used a 15% off coupon.  Total was around $80.  I researched it for a while between the classica and there was no real difference that I could find.  Just the price.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • https://www.colgatekids.com/faq.php

HTH if you're interested.  They are supposed to be the best.

• The one we have for DD is a sealy from shopko.
  • We have Colgate Visco Classica 2in1 mattress.

It has infant & toddler sides. For infant side, it's Classica I foam & for toddler side, it's a memory foam

It's about $250 
  • imagehawkeye21:

imagecdc1982:
    We just got the Colgate Classica I Foam Mattress, it's really nice!  From what I understand, it has high ratings in Baby Bargains.  We don't have that book, I purchased the mattress based on reviews from girls on here & reviews on Amazon.com.  It was about $170 (free shipping via Amazon).

Depending on when you order it, you can get this same mattress from albeebaby.com for about $130.  Good luck! 

We got the same mattress from BabyCatalog.com for $117 including shipping, using a discount code.  We're happy with our purchase so far.

• I'm a freak about certain things.  The crib & mattress were those things.  I wanted an organic mattress and iron crib.  Why? I was concerned with the off-gassing of regular, inexpensive mattresses & cribs. Babies spend the majority of their time sleeping and it bothered me to have them exposed to the potentially hazardous fumes from the products used in manufacturing.  Think of the "new car smell" or "new carpet smell".  Why put a newborn baby in a situation when they are breathing air that isn't good for them.  I wanted to start her out right and protect her as long as I can.  Of course, there is always a downside - the cost.  I did a lot of research and decided on an iron crib from Corsican Iron beds and a mattress from Naturepedic.  If there is a BuyBuyBaby in your area, they carry the mattresses and you can save 20% if you have a coupon (they also accept BedBath & Beyond coupons).  Good luck! 
  • Thank you so much you all!  This really helps!  I will look into all of your suggestions! 

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"