Parenting after 35

My little yenta

Aaron is such a busybody!  He has to watch EVERYONE and it's so funny.

Friday afternoon, while out shopping at the outlets in Tannersville, PA, we had lunch at the Au Bon Pain and trying to get a spoon into Aaron's mouth was NOT easy.  He was hungry but kept looking at the people sitting at other tables and trying to get their attention.

There was a little girl sitting behind us and Aaron began making Dolphin sounds?a high pitched squeal and clicking. Seriously. He's like Flipper! And he totally was flirting with that girl.

We also ended up going out to dinner that night (no food at home) and at TGI Fridays, he was doing the same thing until he crashed (we had him out too late).

And yesterday afternoon, we stopped for lunch at Panera and he did the same thing.  He was smiling at a teenage boy who, as he passed by our table, said "Later, dude!"   Too funny!

He's just so active.  At Shop Rite he kept reaching for items on the shelves. We were looking at baby food and he nearly got a big box of diapers. I told him they were the wrong size. ;-)

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: My little yenta

• Wait until he starts pointing!  We take our daughter out to restaurants and she just points at everyone.  One poor guy was dining solo right behind us and DD was craning her neck to see him and pointing at him.  And he was so not a 'baby person' because he just kept saying "um...hello Baby.  hello".

I felt bad!

Anyway, babies are social little beings!  its so fun to watch!

One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.
  • I love it! What a sweetheart!

We've decided Jace is better out in public than he is at home. As a matter of fact, we went to Target for absolutely no reason yesterday (yes, we live extravagant lives).

• Loading the player...
  • too cute!!! I love it, especially when they flirt!!

• Aww. nothing is cuter than a happy baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not about Aaron, but I had to drive PAST The Crossings TWICE on Saturday without shopping...to go to a work seminar in Newark.  I'm so jealous you got to go!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know!  What a handful they are becoming huh?  Between the barking, screaming and grabbing everything in the store, no wonder its so exhausting these days.
  • We've discovered Delaney is much better out in public as well - I think it must be the stimulation of seeing all the new and different things.  Not that she's not good at home,but she gets bored easily.
  • Too funny!  That boy is the center of attention.

(Anybody else have to look up the meaning of the word yenta? Confused  Sorry Robyn, I had no idea.  There isn't a lot of Yiddish spoken in GA.)

• Yay for Aaron! And yay for active, social babies!

Mikey was flirting with a girl this weekend too. We were having brunch on Saturday and he squealed at her while she nommed a stuffed lion. 

• Too funny.  I seriously think my DD gets bored at home sometimes...
  • imagefauxshelley:

Too funny!  That boy is the center of attention.

(Anybody else have to look up the meaning of the word yenta? Confused  Sorry Robyn, I had no idea.  There isn't a lot of Yiddish spoken in GA.)

I keep forgetting that!  In the NYC area (ie. NJ, Westchester, Long Island) a lot of Yiddish words are used in everyday life.

Yenta = Busybody  (though usually for an old woman)

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I love this stage, the babble and the nosiness is priceless
  • That's so funny! I also marvel at LO's development and the way he interacts with his surroundings. He is super observant and likes to smile and flirt with everybody. I'm still waiting for stranger anxiety to kick in, but so far, nothing. The only thing he does is prefer me over DH, but not too bad. I hope he stays the happy, social butterfly that he is. And Aaron too!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"