Nurseries and Baby Gear

Medela: Freestyle or Pump in Style

I'm trying to decide between the medela freestyle or the pump in style breast bump. Does anyone have either of these and do you like it?

Re: Medela: Freestyle or Pump in Style

• I had the PIS and loved it.  It's what they use in the hospitals. If you're going to be pumping a lot it's definitely the way to go.
  • I have the Freestyle and love it for it's size. It is super small so I can carry it around the house with me while pump and do chores. The hands free part of it isn't that big a deal, because you can make other ones hands free as well.

But for the size alone I thought it was worth the money. No need to be attached to a pump that's stuck inside of a bag.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the Freestyle on CLEARANCE at Target today for $95!!!!
  • I don't have experience with it yet, but I got the PIS Metro Bag.  I didn't like the built in pump feature, but this style has a separate compartment for the pump mechanism.  All of my friends who had pumps had the PIS, so that is what I gravitated towards.
  • imageTinyTeacher:
    I got the Freestyle on CLEARANCE at Target today for $95!!!!

Are you sure it's the freestyle that you got and not the Swing pump? The freestyle retails for $379. I can't imagine them marking it down that much.
    I have seen the PIS and the swing on clearance recently at target though (I think it was the swing that was ~$100).

For the OP- I got the freestyle. The hands free is a nice option, but mainly I like the smaller size and the ability to easily throw it into another bag. I'm planning to return to work part-time and the smaller/more portable pump seemed like a better option for me.
    They both get great reviews online though, so it just depends what features are important to you.

• imageblondbomber23:

imageTinyTeacher:
    I got the Freestyle on CLEARANCE at Target today for $95!!!!

Are you sure it's the freestyle that you got and not the Swing pump? The freestyle retails for $379. I can't imagine them marking it down that much.
    I have seen the PIS and the swing on clearance recently at target though (I think it was the swing that was ~$100).

For the OP- I got the freestyle. The hands free is a nice option, but mainly I like the smaller size and the ability to easily throw it into another bag. I'm planning to return to work part-time and the smaller/more portable pump seemed like a better option for me.
    They both get great reviews online though, so it just depends what features are important to you.

Freestyle, baby! It was marked down from $379.99 to $94.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"