Single Parents

weight loss...

who all has tried the 30 day shred? Does it work? I'm debating getting it. I have also thought about a zumba dvd or something. Any success with either one?

Re: weight loss...

• I have the 30 Day Shred and have been doing it.  That being said, I am not doing it EVERY day so I am not sure what the results would be if I did that.  I am not trying to lose weight but wanted a quick workout and I like it.  She does a good job of working several muscle groups at once.  There are three sections, each section has three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs.  There is also a warm-up and cool-down.  Not sure about others but I always tend to get bored with workout DVDs.  I start off really into them but then seem to fade out.  That's sort of what's happened with this.  I would just rather go to the gym.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The most I've ever done it was 3 days straight.

I started again today. LOL.

I have a lot of weight to lose, so it really kicks my ass.

I still haven't lost all of my pregnancy weight, and the fact that dd is SO close to one makes me want to cry.

I don't know what kind of cable or tv you have, but I have heard that sometimes you can catch her ondemand and that might could let you see if you like it.

It's only $9, I figured I would give it a shot!

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't started it yet, but I am getting ready to order P90X. I have heard lots of great things about it. Also, if you are on Facebook you can check out tons of before and after pics if you go on Tony Horton's fan page. I have A LOT of weight to lose and so I am really hoping that this can get me on track.

ETA: Here is the link. Check out the album called "Fan Photos"

https://www.facebook.com/BeachBodyTony?ref=ts#!/BeachBodyTony?v=photos&ref=ts 

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I would rather go to a gym too, but it's really hard to have routine to go. You can't exactly take them with you, and I would feel bad taking the time I could spend with them going. If I had someone to stay with them after I put them to bed that would be amazing. I think I might try it. I just really need to tone up! The weight for the most part is gone.
  • imageMominator:

I haven't started it yet, but I am getting ready to order P90X. I have heard lots of great things about it. Also, if you are on Facebook you can check out tons of before and after pics if you go on Tony Horton's fan page. I have A LOT of weight to lose and so I am really hoping that this can get me on track.

ETA: Here is the link. Check out the album called "Fan Photos"

https://www.facebook.com/BeachBodyTony?ref=ts#!/BeachBodyTony?v=photos&ref=ts 

A friend was suppose to burn them for me, but I have yet to get them. I am to cheap to buy them lol. I might just have to give in. You will have to keep us updated! When are you starting? Maybe if I get them we can start about the same time.

• imageskimberlin:
    imageMominator:

I haven't ordered it yet, I keep hemming and hawing about the price. I did however find it HERE for only $68. And I figure for that price, you really can't beat it. Hopefully I'll order it this weekend after I get paid, so I should be starting mid to late next week. I have already lost 23lbs so I am really hoping that this will kick my arse into shape.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • I'm doing the 30 day shred. I gained 62 lbs and lost all but 7. It is something that you have to stick to but I am seeing awesome results!! The hardest was the first week but if you keep it up it's def worth it! The actual work out is about 20 mins a day so it works perfectly when LO is sleeping.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been doing it.

Let me clarify.  I've been working out for 6 days.  Most being the shred, some 30 minutes of other types of exercise (today was a brisk walk with a 25lb toddler strapped to my back and 200 crunches).  

I checked this evening.  I'm down exactly 6lbs.  

Results I like after only 6 days. :) 

• I don't belong to a gym so I do allmy workouts at home.  I am currently training for my 2nd (on saturday!) and third (in early may) half marathon.  I love the quiet of running eventhough it does get a little boring sometimes on my long runs.  I also do workout DVD's.  I have the Shred but I think Jillian is kind of annoying so I usually gravitate to my numerous Firm workout DVD's.  I PPH them!  They mix cardio with weights and regardless of using them for the past 6+ years, they ALWAYS kick my butt.  And they are always comming out with new ones so you are sure to find some favorites.  I buy them off of Amazon or College Video.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"