Nurseries and Baby Gear

XP from August: Paint Colors!

After hours of staring at those little paint swatches, we've finally picked our paint colors!!  We're going with Sherwin William's "Gray Matters" as our primary color and "Watery" for an accent wall (all no-VOC paint).  The light blue color matches our Mod Dot bedding perfectly and the gray will really tone down the colorful decor. 

Painting will start on Wednesday and I can't wait!!

Re: XP from August: Paint Colors!

• Looks good.  The only thing I would suggest is getting paint samples and seeing what it actually looks like on the wall.  We are doing gray on the top half of our walls and we picked two we liked.  I got the paint samples and painted patches of both on different walls so we could see how it looks in different lights.  They do look differently on the wall then they did on the swatch.
    Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I do agree w/ the pp about testing out the color on the walls.

Our entire house is painted with SW paint (Home Duration or whatever it's callled, lol!).  Iw ill say the color on the swatch is VERY true to the color you get & how it appears on the wall!!  But, still a good idea to get the sample just to see how you like it up on the wall in the room lighting (put it up, let it dry for a full day then look at it at night with whatever lighting is in the room as well as on a sunny day & a cloudy day)

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • imagecedge05:
    Looks good.  The only thing I would suggest is getting paint samples and seeing what it actually looks like on the wall.  We are doing gray on the top half of our walls and we picked two we liked.  I got the paint samples and painted patches of both on different walls so we could see how it looks in different lights.  They do look differently on the wall then they did on the swatch.

I agree with this. We painted our hallways a gray that I liked based on a swatch. When I came home and saw the results I hated it. It had a purple tint to it that the swatch did not show.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Can't be emphasized enough - do a paint swatch on the wall, it is so worth the extra time/effort. Especially if you save yourself and your husband from a pregnancy-hormone induced breakdown if it doesn't look the way you want once it is on the walls and dry. Speaking from experience here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"