Pennsylvania Babies

XP: Beach vacation

We are looking to go somewhere in NJ, MD, or DE.  We will have a nearly 2-year-old and I'll be about 7-8 months pregnant, so preferably a family-oriented atmosphere.  Any recommendations on good beaches to try?

Re: XP: Beach vacation

• We really love Lewes in Delaware, very gentle waves and nice beach. However, we usually stay at Bethany Beach, which is further south, at the Sea Colony resort. This resort is nice for kids because they have an indoor pool (a toddler inside on a rainy day is not my idea of fun) and kiddie pools. We usually go in early September and the weather is amazing, with no crowds!
  • We go to Ocean City, NJ every year.  Beautiful beach and very family friendly.  Rehoboth Beach, DE is also good (growing up in DE, we took many a trip to Rehoboth).  I would still choose OC, NJ over Rehoboth...maybe from going to Rehoboth so much when I was younger?  OC is dry, so you don't really get the college crowd who just wants to hang out and get drunk.  The boardwalk has two amusement areas, lots of mini golf places, a bunch of cute shops (and the touristy t-shirt shops of course lol), and all kinds of food places.  There are plenty of shops and food places off the boardwalk too.  The only downside to OC is that there aren't really hotels (a handful, but not a lot of options).  You'd have to rent a beach house or condo for the time you'll be down there, which I like because you get the kitchen so you're not eating out every day/night, plus it's more comfortable than shoving everyone in one room. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Last year, we went to a campground near Avalon, NJ.  It was nice, the nearby beach was nice and quiet, and there is a really nice zoo nearby that is free.  I would recommend the area to families.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I was young we went every year to Sea Isle. We would easily get to Avalon or Ocean City and Wild Wood at night for the boardwalk. There is a nice zoo in Cape May that is free.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"