Working Moms
Options

Poll: what do you listen to on the way to work?

I used to listen to NPR, but I have been listening to the Glee soundtrack recently, and it is my new secret pleasure. 

Re: Poll: what do you listen to on the way to work?

• Options
    NPR, local music stations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used to listen to a radio talk show (Kidd Kraddick anyone???) but now that DS is of talking age (actual conversations) I usually listen to country music in the background but talk to DS all the way to work, since they come with me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NPR.  If R is fussy then I will pop in a cd. 
  • Options
    I usually cycle through the entire news hour on NPR by the time I leave the house. After I drop my son off at dc I listen to Howard Stern. (talk about a guilty pleasure!)
  • Options

It's so funny to see so many people listening to NPR.  

I'm a Howard Stern addict. . . guilty pleasure - agreed - but he makes me laugh right out loud. . . even on Monday's when I'm so sad to be leaving LO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Usually we listen to a CD until we drop DD off (right now she's obsessed with Peaceful the World Lays Me Down by Noah and the Whale) and then we switch over to NPR the rest of the way in.
  • Options

NPR or XPN (local university station)

Ha!  This made me think of something....

This afternoon on NPR they had a story talking about unions, I really wasn't paying attention and they must have used the word teamwork at some point.  From the back seat, all of the sudden, I hear "Teamwork, what's gonna work?  Teamwork!"

And then for the next two miles...."Pets?  Pets?  Pets?....."

• Options
    A local radio talk show (hilarious!). I am able to catch most of the show since I drive all day for work.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I had no idea so many people listened to NPR. I switch between NPR and a local radio show with a DJ that actually kind of drives me crazy, but he sometimes has interesting guests. I used to love Adam Corolla before he went off the air and our #1 local radio personality just went off the air too, so now I am stuck with very few options.
  • Options
    NPR or a local station on my way home in the morning. I'm bad though. on my way to work in the evenings, I tend to put my mom on speakerphone and talk.  
  • Options
    I like loud, party music on the way to work to get my blood flowing.  DH likes talk shows. it puts me to sleep.
  • Options
    Cosmo radio on Sirius
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Local morning show on the top 40 station. They're good for my morning short attention span because they jump from topic to topic and play short games every so often. They play 2 songs or less per hour (this morning there was only 1 song played during my 45 min commute).

Sometimes the signal fades out because I live on the edge of their broadcast area, so then I switch over to the mix station's morning show, which is less my style, but better than any other options. They used to be too middle aged for me, but they've been trying to become younger and more relevant lately. It's a good effort, but not very good results.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There's a local 70's-90's music station that has no DJ's whatsoever, and no morning talk show.  That's usually on my radio all the time, I like their mix.

• Options
    If not on the phone (hands free of course) with my mom, than my local radio station.  I lvoe the stuff they do in the morning and I get brief news stuff.  My drive is only about 10 mins on average.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"