North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Hail damage on cars?

This is totally DH's fault, not the thunderstorm's. He decided to go to Charlotte last night to watch the b-ball games with a friend. Insisted he would be home but of course the storms were too bad so he just spent the night. Thankfully of course, I realize the weather would have been really bad to drive home in. Well, he woke up to tons of tiny little dents in his jeep. If he would have just stayed home like I asked him to his car would have been safely tucked away in the garage.

So, now that I am done giving him a hard time about it, how in the world do you fix a bunch of little dents? He is going to check if it is covered under insurance which I am 99% sure it is not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Hail damage on cars?

• Options

Based on what little I know about that type of insurance from DH. It won't be covered.

That said I'd probably see how much it would cost to have it fixed OOP.  If that isn't feasible I would probably just deal with it.

Hopefully it is at least an older Jeep and not a brand new one.  That would be awful

• Options
    imageECUPirate04:

Hopefully it is at least an older Jeep and not a brand new one.  That would be awful

Yeah, that would be great, however we just bought it new in November Tongue Tied

He knows he is in trouble. I'm not paying for it to be fixed out of my pocket, so he better start working some OT if he wants it fixed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSalisburyBride:
    imageECUPirate04:

Yeah, that would be great, however we just bought it new in November Tongue Tied

He knows he is in trouble. I'm not paying for it to be fixed out of my pocket, so he better start working some OT if he wants it fixed.

Oh no!  That makes me want to cry and it's not even my car.  I'm sorry.  I think you are right in that he better be working OT because having a brand new car fixed by a professional is the only way out of this.  You can't really fudge on that.  ((HUGS))

• Options
    I have no advice, but I'm so sorry!  That really sucks. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This happened to a lot of my family and friends with a random hailstorm in PA last spring. Definitely check with your insurance, I think my friend got her car fixed and doubt she'd have just done it out of pocket. It totally sucks, sorry you guys have damage!! (Be glad it's not your house though! My friend had to get all new siding and shutters as well.)
  • Options
    UGH!  That stinks!!  Especially since you asked him not to go.  Maybe next time he'll listen!  
  • Options
    We had hail damage on three of our cars when I was living in texas.  It WAS covered by the insurance. I would call to check!
  • Options
    I just talked to my sister who works in insurance and she said that as long as you have comprehensive coverage, it SHOULD be covered.  The issue is if it'll cost more then your deductible to fix.  She said if you have a $0 deductible to definitely call and process the claim.  She said if you have a $500 deductible, she'd probably go get an estimate to see what it would cost to fix it.  If its more, then file a claim, otherwise you're gonna have to pay yourself.
  • Options
    it's covered on our policy on "acts of god", you will have to pay your comp deductible though.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    oh no - what a bummer! no advice, but wanted to say I'm sorry!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    DH got so lucky! Insurance adjuster is coming out to take a look at it and he needs to go get an estimate but it is covered under our insurance.We have a low deductible so the estimate will liekly be above and beyond that. Thanks for the insurance info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"