North Carolina Babies
Options

Naps?

Im starting to wonder if AT is on a nap strike or trying to give them up all together when he is home. He sleeps perfectly at DC, Ive asked to make sue nothing has changed there.

But at home is a diff story. Come to think of it the only time he has actually taken a decent nap is when I have had him outside bf lunch to run around. That really takes it out of him, but we cant do that everyday. Hes still playing the paci game but we dont have any prob at bed time just nap time.

Anyone else have a prob with this? I thought it was the new house but how can this be since hes doing fine at bedtime. I guess Id rather him sleep at night then during the day but I NEVER thought he would give up naps this early.....plus I know hes tired. What the hell am I going to do! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Naps?

• Options

A lot of it is that he is *probably* more active at DC and thus needs his nap more than when home. You see this when you've got him out running around in the am, then he'll nap.

On days when Brooks isn't as tired or refuses nap, I still make him stay in his room and have "quiet time". He can talk to his stuffed animals, read books, etc, but no noisy games and no running around. He has to be quiet because Caroline still naps and he needs the quiet time, even if he isn't tired enough to actually sleep.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    Hopefully it is just a phase that will work itself out. We actually have the opposite problem. DS will sleep for 2-3 hours at home for naps on the weekend but at daycare will only take 1 nap for less than an hour and he is a mess by the time we get him home in the evenings. We have had some major meltdowns in the last few weeks because of it. I am hoping it will get better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nate went through a phase of not wanting to nap at home when he moved up to the toddler room at daycare.  We tried letting him nap on a mat on the floor and everything, but nothing seemed to work.  We did a lot of letting him nap in the car while we were running errands (which was fine with us b/c we always have a ton of errands to run on the weekends).  However, he has gotten back to napping at home again on his own.  I guess it was just a weird phase.  Hang in there!  The odds are really good that AT will start napping again.
  • Options

My girls try to play the "no nap" game, but I know they're not ready to give up a nap.  I think they just want to have some "control" over what they do.  So, instead of calling it a nap, they have to "rest".  They have to stay on their bed, laying on their pillow, listening to their CD (some days I play a music CD some days I play a book on CD).  I put a clock in their room with a flower sticker on the hour hand and soccer ball sticker beside the number 3.  So, they know they have to stay on their pillow until the flower points to the soccer ball.  9 times out of 10, they end up falling asleep, but on the days they don't, they still get 2 hours of rest/quiet time.  

When Jeremiah fights taking a nap, its usually because he's just not tired YET.  So, I usually let him get back up and play for about a half hour and then he will lay down and go to sleep without any problems.  Its very seldom that Jeremiah does this (he's down to 1 nap a day), but sometimes he's just not quite ready when I try to put him down.  

I'm not sure if any of that helps you, but just thought I'd share what works for us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"