Pregnant after 35
Options

no energy to be found

I'm 38 and will turn 39 when LO gets here in October but I'm having a hard time getting things done around the house and taking care of my two girls. I have no energy at all. I feel bad complaining about this because I know some of you are older than I am....but I am feeling every bit my age with this one.?

My husband works nights and sleeps days. Family is not around to help out. My oldest is in the 3rd grade but it's my youngest, who will be 3 in a month, who demands the most from me. She gave up napping last summer so I get NO DOWN TIME. She is incredibly active...I know kids this age are all active, but she is incredibly active. After two losses, I told myself I would enjoy this pregnancy because it will be my last one, but I'm really hoping it goes by fast. ?

Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10

Re: no energy to be found

• Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I just want to lay down and nap all day. My children are 7,16,and 18 and we haven't told them yet since this is a high risk pregnancy for us. I don't remember being this tired before.
  • Options
    I felt the same way during my 1st Tri and at the beginning of my 2nd Tri. Don't worry, the fatigue will disappear and you'll get your energy back. Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so tired, I can barely function. I have no help at all, but thankfully my parents are coming next week and staying 2 weeks. I'm dying for help.  
  • Options
    This is my first and I am so tired I can not stand it.  I can go to work and come home.  Then I sleep or sit around most of the other time.  I could not imagine doing it with more children.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dd is 2.5 and i'm pooped as well!  i was just showing dh an email from what to expect about how tired you are in the first tri.  i just wanted to show him that its not me trying to be lazy, i'm building a person here and its hard workd!  i'm lucky, though, b/c dd is a great toddler, i can't complain about her too much, though she didn't nap today...
    PLC 7.16.07 * MDC 10.16.10
    Foundation for Ichthyosis and Related Skin Types
    Educate, inspire and connect those touched by ichthyosis and related disorders through emotional support, information, advocacy and research funding for better treatments and eventual cures.
  • Options

This is our first and I have been exhausted since conception!  Everyone told me my energy would come back in the second trimester, but...

I haven't been sleeping so well, so naps have become the norm for me.  I am allowed to take an hour at work, go down to the nurses station and SLEEP.  It helps, some.

I am sorry you have no help.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"