Illinois Babies
Options

For such a big city, I think we have the slowest board!!

What's up girls.  We live in such a great city we need to get this page a little more active.  What do you say?? Tell me about yoursleves.  I am a mommy of 2 and I work full time and I have a stay at home husband.  Not by choice but it is actually working out nicely.  I would rather be the one to stay home but as it is, I have the stable job right now.  I work for a large pharmacy chain as a pharmacist and for the most part I love my job.  Now your turn.....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For such a big city, I think we have the slowest board!!

• Options

Amen. 

I thought there was something wrong with my computer when I first arrived here weeks ago, like it wasn't updating. 

About me:   Babe is due June 3.   Don't know if it's a boy or girl.  My husband and I work full time for the city.  No chance of being a stay at home mom in my future :)

• Options

Agreed. I'm going to try to start a few new threads every time I visit.

I've learned from other boards that starting new threads makes or breaks a board. People come and check, if they don't see anything new, they keep going.

So keep starting new threads!!! 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi- I'm new to the board.  My husband is a grad student at U of C, and I'm teaching part-time at DePaul University.  We're expecting our first baby Aug. 2.
  • Options
    So glad to see this board picking up a bit!  I'm a SAHM to my son who is 5 months old.  Prior to having him we lived in the South Loop and I worked as a Corporate Meeting Planner.  Now that DS is here we are living in the Southwest Suburbs and I quit my job.  I miss the city and all of the things to do there, but the move was the best choice for our family. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hey ladies! My whole TTC journey is listed below. :)

I too think this board needs a pick-me-up. . . great idea!

Other than TTC, I'm a third grade teacher in the burbs and DH and I are trying for number 1.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hey.. my DH and I are expecting twins at the end of June. Since twins normally don't make it to 40 weeks, the doc say look to have a birthday in late May/early June.  We moved to the NW Suburbs about 2.5 years ago from MI.  Just trying to get stuff ready for the little ones. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love our city but I must confess that I'm normally on the working moms and the Toddler 24+ board, and only occasionally pop on over here.

I have a 2 year old daughter and I work full time. I also love my job :) I like the flexibility and the fact that my company has an awesome daycare center which my DD loves! I live in the northern suburbs and we just placed our house on the market! I've been working out more and I just can't wait for spring to finally arrive! We are also planning on TTC #2 soonish.

I don't know if anyone is interested but we have a beautiful, completely renovated (New roof/sliding, granite countertops, SS Kitchen Aid appliances, travetine floors, Tromm LG washer/dryer) split level home in Libertyville! The house is walking distance to the elementary/middle/high school. Park/sports field just out the back door and we have awesome neighbors also!

https://www.rubloff.com/property/libertyville/07448941.cfm

Whatelse-- oh and we are totally in love with Monkey Joes! DD can not get enough of that place :)  

• Options

I know right?

I'm Lisa, or LOG if you'd like to call me LOG.  My little guy PJ just turned one yesterday and our second is due in October.  I live in the SW burbs.  I am 30.  I work downtown.

I like chain restaurants and not spending a lot of money on baby clothes my kids will grow out of in 2 months.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

About Me .... MiaVonT is my alias/AE (some would prob say)

I'm a first time momma of Twins (b/g) that are 9months+.  I'm 28 and I use to be a Esthetician but am a SAHM right now.  We are currently deciding WHERE we want to move to, stay local or outta state?  I'm pretty lonely areound here (6 corner/Old Irv. Pk. area)  even though a few neighbors HAVE LOs around my LOs ages .... but they work or don't really like to come out.  I occasionaly re-design clothes for my LOs.  I love trying new resturants, pubs and wines.  I had to give up shopping for obvious reasons so I occassionally look like a hobo  Huh?

• Options
    imageai&Jas:

I love our city but I must confess that I'm normally on the working moms and the Toddler 24+ board, and only occasionally pop on over here.

I have a 2 year old daughter and I work full time. I also love my job :) I like the flexibility and the fact that my company has an awesome daycare center which my DD loves! I live in the northern suburbs and we just placed our house on the market! I've been working out more and I just can't wait for spring to finally arrive! We are also planning on TTC #2 soonish.

I don't know if anyone is interested but we have a beautiful, completely renovated (New roof/sliding, granite countertops, SS Kitchen Aid appliances, travetine floors, Tromm LG washer/dryer) split level home in Libertyville! The house is walking distance to the elementary/middle/high school. Park/sports field just out the back door and we have awesome neighbors also!

https://www.rubloff.com/property/libertyville/07448941.cfm

Whatelse-- oh and we are totally in love with Monkey Joes! DD can not get enough of that place :)  

Seriously my son LOVEs MJ's too.  We went several times for play dates and he loved it so much we did his 2 yo bday party there.  That place is great.  I really love the mommy chairs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that I'm 28 and expecting our first child at the end of July. I'm a photographer (weddings, children and babies) and while I currently live in Wicker Park, we're moving to Uptown!
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options

I'm so happy to see it picking up over here!  Keep it up, gals!

I'm going to be 30 next month (YIKES!) and just had my first baby, Hayden, with my DH Bart.  We live in New Lenox- a SW burb.  I'm a Spanish teacher at a local HS.  Currently I'm on maternity leave (till August!) and loving it.  =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"