North Carolina Babies
Options

question about weddings....

sorry, this isn't baby-related...

but, I have a friend that is getting married in the area (Raleigh area) and needs suggestions for venues.  She is expecting about 75 people, and she wants to have the wedding and the reception at the same place.  (so, she's not getting married in a church)...

any ideas? suggestions?  Most of my friends here (including myself) did not get married in NC....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: question about weddings....

• Options
    I also told her to join "the knot" for more help....
  • Options

cardinal club in downtown

Sisters Catering on Millbrook

Solas in Raleigh

Cafe Luna in Raleigh

marbles museum

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I know a couple of friends have gotten married at Brier Creek CC.

Also for smaller weddings, I've heard good things about Cafe Luna downtown.

I'd also suggest the knot message boards.  I know they were a huge help for me!

• Options
    Airport Hilton?

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options
    I got married at Brier Creek Country Club and LOVED it...I just shot a wedding at Caffe Luna last Sunday...VERY nice for a small wedding and the food was excellent.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Haywood Hall

Women's Club

• Options
    I got married at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill and had the ceremony and reception there. We had 70 guests and it was perfect, we used the Old Well Room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got married at Shady Wagon Farm in New Hill, NC. It was an outdoor wedding with reception on the same property in their barn. I know Raleigh Parks system rents out venues too if she is interested in something like that. I think that is what Hughes did. The Knot was also a huge resource to me!
  • Options

imagemrsNnearly:
    I got married at Shady Wagon Farm in New Hill, NC. It was an outdoor wedding with reception on the same property in their barn. I know Raleigh Parks system rents out venues too if she is interested in something like that. I think that is what Hughes did. The Knot was also a huge resource to me!

Yep, we got married at St Mark's Chapel on the Mordecai historic site, which is a part of the Raleigh park system. The chapel only holds a max of 50 (really more like 45, as we found out!), but there are gardens, etc you can use as well. Our reception was at Exploris (which is what is now Marbles).

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    thanks! I emailed her all of your ideas..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"