2nd Trimester

The "husband stitch" is a real thing?

I've heard of the husband stitch in joking references but am surprised to learn that its a real thing! Im not sure I'd have any desire to take an extra stitch for my husbands sake. Any of you ladies have or known some one who's had it? Thoughts? Opinions?

Re: The "husband stitch" is a real thing?

• WTH? I have seriously never heard of this...if it is a real thing and it won't cause me any problems then I guess I would.
  • A friend of mine had it because she had a 4th degree tear. I don't think everyone needs it but it is part of the repair if you have an episiotomy (sp) or have a big tear...but this is only what she told me so it could be false info....
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a real thing, and I promise you, you don't need it.  I didn't get it, and I was MUCH tighter/drier than before I delivered DD.  You have enough problems getting him in there without adding an extra stitch to the mix.  seriously, don't do it.
  • Wow!  I'm speachless.  Indifferent  ...and may I add "ouch!".
  • imagemechanicsgirl:
    It's a real thing, and I promise you, you don't need it.  I didn't get it, and I was MUCH tighter/drier than before I delivered DD.  You have enough problems getting him in there without adding an extra stitch to the mix.  seriously, don't do it.

Okay now I am scared!

• All I will say it this:  weird.  I thought it was only a joke.
  • I had so many stitches from all the tearing that if they told me they were putting an extra one, I would have kicked them in the face
  • You have got to be kidding me.

Disgusting.
  • I don't believe that is real.  An OB would never do something unnecessary...to enhance your sexual pleasure Hmm.  Come on ppl.
  • sorry, DH is big enough to begin with.  please, no extra stitches!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecanamama:
    I don't believe that is real.  An OB would never do something unnecessary...to enhance your sexual pleasure Hmm.  Come on ppl.

I agree! I can't imagine a reputable OB doing this.

• I've heard friends talk about this, not sure if its a myth or not. I would be willing to bet its just something they TELL husbands. I bet Dh wouldn't know the difference if they put one extra stitch in or not. I think its just a common joke for the OB to make to DH.
  • I had a client several years ago who said she asked for an extra stitch and they did it for her. It's real.

I don't feel its necessary. With Keagals and Ben wa (sp?) balls you can exercise yourself back to normal. I'm hoping to not need any stitches (fingers crossed).

• imagecanamama:
    I don't believe that is real.  An OB would never do something unnecessary...to enhance your sexual pleasure Hmm.  Come on ppl.

Like the PP said... you will have enough problems with sex after delivery.  The last thing you need is an extra stitch!  No thank you.

• imageDonnaAndJay:

I had a client several years ago who said she asked for an extra stitch and they did it for her. It's real.

I don't feel its necessary. With Keagals and Ben wa (sp?) balls you can exercise yourself back to normal. I'm hoping to not need any stitches (fingers crossed).

What are Ben wa balls??? 

• Okay, Im so glad to hear you all think it sounds nuts as well. Over the last couple weeks I had just seen a couple gals post that they had done it and as much as I love my husband and enjoy making him happy in bed this sounds like something from the middle ages!
  • imageAMossy:
    imageDonnaAndJay:

I had a client several years ago who said she asked for an extra stitch and they did it for her. It's real.

What are Ben wa balls??? 

google it. Smile 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"