New York Babies

Breast Pump

edited July 2021 in New York Babies

I am planning on breastfeeding...do I have to bring the pump to the hospital?

TIA

Re: Breast Pump

• Most hospitals have pumps that they let you use.  However, I did have DH bring mine and leave it in the car in case they didn't. 
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • I did the same as PP i just left it in the car but never needed it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelis-n-Mike:
    Most hospitals have pumps that they let you use.  However, I did have DH bring mine and leave it in the car in case they didn't. 

this

Logan 11.27.2009
    Baby #2 EDD 1.15.14
  • GREAT! Thanks!  I guess I will have it with my hospital bag but leave it in the car in case I need it!

• A nurse at our hospital recommended we use their pumps, if we needed to in the hospital.  They will give you the tubing to take home, as they cannot reuse that, therefore you have an extra set of tubing at home if needed.

• Oh Great! That makes sense and then at least you know it is clean and sanitized!  That is my concern. Smile

• You should not need a pump in the hospital if you are breastfeeding and you and your child are healthy.  However if for some reason you did need to pump the hospital should provide you with a pump and kit.  Examples of when you would need to pump may be if you have a baby in the NICU who cannot eat right away but you want to establish a milk supply or if you are on certain medications in which it is not safe to feed the baby that milk but you will be going off the med and would like your milk supply to come in.  Sorry if that is too much info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"