Single Parents
Options

Feeling Like A Horrible Mother

I feel like such a bad mom, tonight.

Tristan's father isn't in our lives at all. And I have to admit, I would prefer it this way, after the way he treated me when I was pregnant and after finding out about his criminal record.

I just wish I had been smart enough to never sleep with him at all. Obviously I can't really regret it because I wouldn't have my son if I hadn't but....I regret that he was the wrong person. It completely breaks my heart to think that my poor decisions are going to cause my son any pain or confusion. And I can't just make his father a better or more responsible man. I can't fix it and I look at my little boy and think...he deserves so much better than what I've given him. And I just want to break down because I feel like a failure.

I know this is super emo and lame, I just had to get it out. Usually I'm just fine and we're happy but for some reason, I'm feeling really horrible right now.

Re: Feeling Like A Horrible Mother

• Options
    mrgnmrgn member
    If you're doing what is best for you and your son. When that is the case, you are being a GREAT mom. There is no sense in looking back and regretting anything.
  • Options

When he gets older he will be thankful for everything you have done. You are a great mom and I'm sure he will be proud. We all have our tough days and you're definitely not alone. Just hold your head up high!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure most of us have looked upon our situations and blamed ourselves.  Don't do that to yourself.  Everything happens for a reason... all you can do is be the best mother you can and everything will be fine :)
  • Options

thank you, ladies. I thought if anyone would understand, it would be some women on this board.

I really appreciate the support. It is incredibly hard not to blame myself for all of it. But I'm doing everything I can to make my son's life simple and happy and I guess that's all I can do.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"