Single Parents
Options

So STBXH brought over a BIG surprise for Payton....

A yellow lab puppy.Indifferent.  Of course he did not ok it with me AT ALL, which is typical of him.  When he brought him over I just started crying because a brand new puppy is the LAST thing I need, especially since I am a single mommy.  Plus I guess this means he isn't bringing Tug back.  He said he thought I would be happy.  Just like he always did, never checked in with me beforehand about some HUGE decision and then expected me to be excited about the "surprise".  I told him I couldn't accept the puppy and of course he made me feel guilty.

On the plus side: a girl that I work with and her husband would love the puppy.  Now I just have to get a hold of XH and tell him.  And of course he isn't around when I need to get in contact with him.  *sigh*  Fingers and toes crossed that the puppy is ok and he will bring him to me so I can give him to the girl at work.  She is really excited so I hope that XH is agreeable about having her take him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So STBXH brought over a BIG surprise for Payton....

• Options

I'll bet that was very difficult.  I wonder if he would trade Tug for a new puppy?  Probably not, so why would he think you would? 

• Options

*head desk*

Men...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a moron. I still have the cat that ex insisted on, and she annoys me to no end. To the point where I'm going to drop her off at his apartment someday.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    I'm sorry, they just never get it. I am taking that puppy from my dads, but now I'm afraid to do it. It's a lot of work.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageInternetExplorer:

Not for nothing, but saddling you with an additional demanding responsiblity is a classic control maneuver.  Be very careful as you procede.  I  know his history wasn't as a classic abuser but rather a substance abuser but heads up on this.

Good for you for saying no.

Oh no, he's a classic emotional abuser, as well as verbal.  The only thing he never did was physically abuse me, although he punched holes in walls, doors, and broke things.  Doing things such as this is definitely an attempt to manipulate and/or control me. 

• Options

but a yellow lab puppy solves ALL your problems! (note: sarcasm)

• Options
    imagemommamelmo:

but a yellow lab puppy solves ALL your problems! (note: sarcasm)

Yes, it wipes out all the bad he did when I saw the adorable face of the puppy.  Puppies and rainbows :)

• Options
    I'm assuming he doesn't remember how big of a responsibility a new puppy is or how much time they take up!  A new puppy in place of Tug does nothing but give you a bigger headache and mess.  :o( Athough, I love puppies and miss mine, I knew I couldn't handle her with the baby coming, it would be fair to her.  Tell him to give you Tug back and he can have the new lab. :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"