Washington Babies

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Wow, congrats on the babies!

Pretty boring but..

There is a group of teenagers following my blog now, boys and girls. I can't figure out WHY - babysitting ideas maybe?

I was disappointed that Baby was only in the 50th% for height at his 6 mo checkup. For some reason I really wanted them to be surprised at how tall he is, I have no idea why. He is healthy and that is ALL that matters.

I had two nights this week where I didn't get to see baby very much. So in the middle of the night I stole him out of his crib so we could snuggle-sleep on the couch...bad working mommy! :)

• imageStellaZ:

I had two nights this week where I didn't get to see baby very much. So in the middle of the night I stole him out of his crib so we could snuggle-sleep on the couch...bad working mommy! :)

I do this every night :) But in her rocking chair for half an hour or so.

• Loading the player...
  • imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

OMG!!!! Congratulations Heather, I am so happy for you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KNemoKNemo member

I told my husband that I had to work this morning, so I couldn't go with him and the baby to visit with MIL and SIL. 

I didn't really have any work. I just wanted to have a morning to myself, to sleep in and catch up on television shows. I am sure DH would love a morning off too, but he never asks, so that's his problem. :P 

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Congrats IdahoGirl! That's so exciting!

Well, I think I'm loosing my battle to fight off DH's cold, and I'm getting more miserable by the minute, yuck! I would love to spend the weekend in bed, but as usual we've got a whole list of annoying obligations. I'm so glad we have almost zero plans in April; I think I'm going to go into hibernation!

DH and I are cutting out of work at lunch today to do a bit of baby shopping. We've pretty much got all of the necessities, so this will be purely money-wasting, fun stuff. Can't wait! 

Rachael and Tim - est. 10.2.04 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KNemoKNemo member

imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

YAY SWEET LADY, YAY YAY YAY!!! 

• I broke my hand two weeks after I started my new job. Cast for 4 weeks. I didn't miss a day of work, and performed my duties with little help because I didn't need it. Cast came off today and I am not 100% healed. I need a custom splint. I tell my boss I have to follow up in 3 weeks. He said something like "just for a splint" and rolled his eyes. WTF dude!!!! He is one of those non family friendly, no life outside of work types. I really want to call him out, but I am a chicken sh**.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After reading CG & IG's BFP posts and being really nauseous this morning, I am secretly hoping that I am pregnant.....although, there is no way that it is possible, a girl can wish.
  • imageIdahoGirl:
    imagecinema_goddess:

imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

LABOR BUDDY!

Left HugIGRight Hug

Only....with the double mint twins I have a feeling you'll go early ;);)

Left HugRight Hug

You never know! Babies are unpredictable like that.  :)~

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I really don?t care if I get my bonus. I?d rather not meet those goals and be able to go home and see my son. I don?t need money that bad.

MIL and her husband (NOT a FIL!) are coming over on Sunday and I?m scheduling a pedicure.  DH is annoyed but since they expect to be catered too, he can do it.

• KNemoKNemo member
    imageKAM80:
    imageckmommy:

imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

O.M.G! Congrats!

Oh my goodness - congratulations!!

My FFFC is that since they bought in the barring/banning thing, I get all paranoid that everyone has barred me and that there isn't any point in me posting any more as no one will be reading them! 

I am totally with you on this one. I am all sorts of paranoid. At least you know that one person hasn't blocked you! ;) 

• I really wish all the talk of blocking would stop.  Block if you want, don?t if you don?t. We?re grown ups.

As for me, I?m not blocking anyone.  Why miss out?

• Congrats Heather!!!  Super exciting new!!!!!!!!

• imagecinema_goddess:

1.  I really want to tell work so I have an excuse to use the nap room.

2.  I'm pretty sure I forgot to put deoderant on one of my pits today.  I remember putting it on one, but not the other.

3.  I've had sausage mcmuffins for breakfast for the last three days.  I consider it protein since there is sausage, eggs and cheese.  It fills me up 10000x better than yogurt and fruit.  But I still eat the yogurt and fruit.

You probably feel more full b/c the fat in the sandwich is more satisfying... plus the protein.  What about oatmeal with nuts, along with your yogurt and fruit?  I hear fiber is a good friend while pregnant.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • imageKNemo:
    imageKAM80:
    imageckmommy:

imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

O.M.G! Congrats!

Oh my goodness - congratulations!!

My FFFC is that since they bought in the barring/banning thing, I get all paranoid that everyone has barred me and that there isn't any point in me posting any more as no one will be reading them! 

I am totally with you on this one. I am all sorts of paranoid. At least you know that one person hasn't blocked you! ;) 

LOL. thank you!

• Congrats IG!  Such exciting news!  H&H 9 months!

I don't plan on blocking anyone, I don't get to head over here a lot at the moment so when I do I like to read as much as possible to catch up!

My FFFC is that we had a baby party today at work for me and 3 dads who are having babies within the next month or 2.  It was really nice with lots of breakfast yumminess, a sweet card signed by everyone and a BRU gift card.  There was champagne for Mimosas.  I was the only one not drinking one.  It kind of pissed me off that no one thought I'd feel left out of that.  

• imageCDMay2006:
    imagecinema_goddess:

1.  I really want to tell work so I have an excuse to use the nap room.

2.  I'm pretty sure I forgot to put deoderant on one of my pits today.  I remember putting it on one, but not the other.

3.  I've had sausage mcmuffins for breakfast for the last three days.  I consider it protein since there is sausage, eggs and cheese.  It fills me up 10000x better than yogurt and fruit.  But I still eat the yogurt and fruit.

You probably feel more full b/c the fat in the sandwich is more satisfying... plus the protein.  What about oatmeal with nuts, along with your yogurt and fruit?  I hear fiber is a good friend while pregnant.

I tried oatmeal. The only kind I liked pre-PG was Specialtys.  I don't know what they put in there, but it must be something akin to crack.

I tried some on Tuesday morning and I just couldn't get it down.  The consistancy was just not good for my gag reflex.  That's what she said.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageMcJen715:

My confession is that I don't get what the heck the random AE was trying to get at with the lawn mower, needle point, and gopher pictures. When Lynchie said that she got 2 out of 3 of the pictures I decided that I might be the only one who doesn't get it.

I don't either. You are not alone.

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imagepreston18:

I really wish all the talk of blocking would stop.  Block if you want, don?t if you don?t. We?re grown ups.

I think the blocking is good if you've got a particularly annoying or destructive troll on your board.  Babies on the Brain had one recently that went so far beyond normal it was scary.  One thing in particular was just horrible and a lot of pain would have been avoided if there had been a block button then. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• IG, huge congratulations on your BFP!! 

imagettgcole:
    I broke my hand two weeks after I started my new job. Cast for 4 weeks. I didn't miss a day of work, and performed my duties with little help because I didn't need it. Cast came off today and I am not 100% healed. I need a custom splint. I tell my boss I have to follow up in 3 weeks. He said something like "just for a splint" and rolled his eyes. WTF dude!!!! He is one of those non family friendly, no life outside of work types. I really want to call him out, but I am a chicken sh**.

This sucks!  I can't believe you had a cast on your hand and still went about your normal life!  I had foot surgery and it's impacted me for over a year.  Wish your boss was more understanding.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • I'd like to beat our help desk with a large stick.
  • CONGRATS IG!!!!  What a great confession! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!!

- I agree on the blocking, I don't see the point.  It's just as easy for me to not read the persons post.  

My confessions. 

DH and I had some great sex last night, and I'm hoping it continues.  I initiated it, so I hope I can keep my mood going!!!

I got new Jeans, and my a$$ looks fantastic in them, and they are a size 29....I feel more like myself than I have in a year and a half. Now if only my hair would grow an inch a week and I'd be set!!! I still want to lose 15 lbs though! 

• Congrats IG!!!  H&H 9 months!

I feel like crap today and have no patience for my child. I think its b/c I am hungry, and need to go to the grocery store, but I am SO tired, I really dont want to go. I am being a bad mommy and am letting him play with the camera on my phone while I waste time online.

My son just called 666 on my phone.

I really want to get a box of doughnuts when I go to the grocery store. And eat a bunch of them. I dont think I would even feel bad.  

• Our benefits open enrollment was this week and we found out we no longer have Short Term Disability which would cover maternity leave.  I work for a company with fewer than 50 employees so FMLA doesn't apply as well

We are TTC and not PG yet  but I want to lie and tell my boss I'm PG to test him about what he would do if it were true so that I can look for a new job if I need to. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

AHHHHH!!!! CONGRATS!!

• I agree with everyone else on the blocking thing. 

Got some not so good news yesterday about H's SA.  We go in monday to discuss our options.  Really happy for everyone's BFP's just a little depressed for myself.

imageimage Brothers! image
  • I just bought Lady Gaga tickets as a birthday present for myself!!! (bday is a few days after the concert)  Unofficially they are from DH, but he wouldn't have a clue how to buy tickets.  So, now when we get pg from IVF #1 (since I'm sure we will- haha), I hope I'm not miserable 4 months pg at a concert.

Last night, I watched an episode of "Secret Lives of Women," and I was judging one girl like crazy.  She is 20 years old and dresses up like a 2 year old as her fetish.  It's non-sexual, but she wears a diaper, footie pj's, and sleeps with a bottle and binky in a huge crib in her bedroom.  Her younger sisters think it's cool that she's "out" about it.  She met her bf on a BDSM site, and he loves it, of course.  She's a totally sane person, until she goes into the "baby Ella" character.  I sat there thinking 'WTF' the whole time. :-p

My husband and his friends are nerds.  Of course, I have a few of my own nerd qualities.  I recently told him that I don't want him to encourage some of his interests in our kids so they won't be made fun of for it.  Our childhood and teenage years were quite different.

I didn't understand any of the AE's pictures and I don't have any idea what "she" means by idiocy on this board.  I think it's lame for someone to make 1-2 drama posts and then run away like a chicken sh!t.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Congrats IG!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecinema_goddess:
    I tried oatmeal. The only kind I liked pre-PG was Specialtys.  I don't know what they put in there, but it must be something akin to crack.

I tried some on Tuesday morning and I just couldn't get it down.  The consistancy was just not good for my gag reflex.  That's what she said.

Dangit.  That was my only pregnancy advice :)  I like scottish oatmeal, with trader joe's super sugary dried blueberries.  I make it with (soy) milk and it's so much creamier.  Mmm.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Delivered via csection
  • My confession is that i am moving (part time) to b'ham next week and i have packed almost nothing.  Oh, well.  I'll do it eventually.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Delivered via csection
  • imageMcJen715:

My confession is that I don't get what the heck the random AE was trying to get at with the lawn mower, needle point, and gopher pictures. When Lynchie said that she got 2 out of 3 of the pictures I decided that I might be the only one who doesn't get it.

I don't get it either! We can be out of the loop together. Big Smile

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imagepreston18:

I really wish all the talk of blocking would stop.  Block if you want, don?t if you don?t. We?re grown ups.

and now we're all talking about blocking again! 

Mine:

Ever since I got the IUD (a week ago?) all I can think about it having another baby. Baby fever cause I'm finally on a form of b/c again? Of course......

• imagetfarabians:

I agree with everyone else on the blocking thing. 

Got some not so good news yesterday about H's SA.  We go in monday to discuss our options.  Really happy for everyone's BFP's just a little depressed for myself.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Tiff. I hope that the RA has some good options for you on Monday. 

• Sometimes I wish I could develop a thicker skin (figuratively, not literally, of course Stick out tongue).

While I'm on the topic of skin, I think starting to wean Max has made my hormone levels change and thus my face is breaking out again. Ugh, I didn't miss that!

• imageJRS72206:

Mine:

Ever since I got the IUD (a week ago?) all I can think about it having another baby. Baby fever cause I'm finally on a form of b/c again? Of course......

LOL, I know how you feel.  I have 3 months left on my BC and I refuse NOT to use it.  I have the fever pretty bad now.  Hopefully it can hold me off until June.   I really don't want to be BIG pregnant in the Summer again.

• imagemrs_smith717:

My laundry has been sitting in the dryer all week. (But I've made dinner at home every night, so I don't feel too bad about it).

Me too...only I can't claim to have cooked dinner at home every night!

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• imagetfarabians:

I agree with everyone else on the blocking thing. 

(((HUGS)))

Sure it is nice to get good news, but finding out it is something that is easily fixed is always better IMO.  I hope that they have some good options for you at your appointment.  Hang in there.  I admire all these girls who manage to stay on a board like this when TTC.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• imageIdahoGirl:
    See ticker.

Congrats!!  H&H 9 months =]

Marcie

• imageCDMay2006:
    imagecinema_goddess:

Dangit.  That was my only pregnancy advice :)  I like scottish oatmeal, with trader joe's super sugary dried blueberries.  I make it with (soy) milk and it's so much creamier.  Mmm.

Have you tried muesli? My friend and I ate a bunch of it during our pregnancies (different stages).

https://www.momsjournal.org/20090109/toddler-breakfast-good-eats/

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imagebraveangel2:
    imageCDMay2006:
    imagecinema_goddess:

Have you tried muesli? My friend and I ate a bunch of it during our pregnancies (different stages).

https://www.momsjournal.org/20090109/toddler-breakfast-good-eats/

Ohhh...That's a good idea.  i like muesli.

As an aside - the Dutch Babies she mentioned in that blog link is exactly what my great-grandmother used to make for her kids during the Depression.  She called it "Egg thing".   My mom used to make it for me sometimes when I was little. It's YUM. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"