North Carolina Babies
Options

Follow up question re: Baby Crack Machine

DH wants a mobile with sound. I'm not sure that's necessary with the baby crack machine, and if not, we could just get one of the super cute stationary owl mobiles I've seen on Etsy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Follow up question re: Baby Crack Machine

• Options
    We didn't have a mobile at all.  He didn't start sleeping in his crib until about 2.5 months and he was never the baby to just lay and be content. 
  • Options

We didn't have a mobile and you have to take them out once they baby can sit up or pull to stand, or starts grabbing at things. I think at like 6 months. We ended up getting one on Craigslist at that age and then read it wasn't for over 6m so we never put it up.

I've used the baby crack exclusively since about the 1st week. We use the Ocean sound, when she was first born we used the heartbeat. With the light display it was perfect, but ours also burnt out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't have a mobile either. We have a FP Ocean Wonders aquarium soother (which is awesome, IMO!), and use a small fan for white noise. I considered the baby crack machine, but since the fan worked so well (and we already had it!), I didn't feel we should mess with a good thing! :-) We got the crib soother from CL in like-new condition... (well, from jenhum, who had gotten it off CL. hehe.)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    We had the baby crack machine [not the projection kind], the aquarium that goes on the side of the crib, the glo seahorse and a mobile that projected fish on the ceiling. We've used them all, and still use all but the crack machine now. Definitely check out consignment stores if you go the mobile route. She lvoed watching it go round and round for a bit there, and now she likes the projection part. When she was able to stand, I just moved it up higher so she still can't reach it, so it's still in use at 16 months.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options
    I also had the glowing Seahorse that we did like for when she was little and we got that FP aquarium at the Morrisville Consignment sale for $4 in new condition but are saving it for #2. There are a ton of options, but for the infant stage where the baby is in the room with you, baby crack is awesome. I used to close my eyes and pretend I was on the beach listening to the waves when I was really sleep deprived and my nipples were bleeding!
  • Options
    We have baby crack machines in both girls' rooms.  They also both have a soother on the side of the crib.  Camryn still uses the FP Waterfall soother.  We turn it on when we lay her down and she turns it on when she is just laying in the crib after waking up.  Caylee has the FP Precious Planet soother on her crib and she also likes listening to it.  I also have the matching mobile to the crib bedding on her crib.  And she likes looking at it too.  So yeah, maybe we have overkill, ha ha.  The mobile would be the one that I would most likely not have b/c you don't get long term use out of it.  But I think we will use the baby crack machines long term and given the way Camryn still likes the soother, we've definitely gotten our money's worth out of it too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    We've never had a mobile - I didn't see the point since you can only keep it in there a few months.  Once they start standing they are a safety hazard.  We have used the "baby crack" machine though from day one and love it - Will still sleeps with it on!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have used the BCM, crib soothers and mobiles for both girls.  We don't really use the projector on the BCM because I think it's too bright and keeps them up more than lets helps them to sleep.  Natalie still goes to sleep to the Ocean sounds.  Natalie got a ton of use out of the FP Rainforest Crib soother -- she used to turn it on to help her fall back asleep when she was younger (no longer has it since she's in a twin bed).  It's on Claire's crib but we haven't used it yet.  Both girls loved their mobiles.  I never used/use it at night -- more for another item to keep them busy when I need to do something and they don't/didn't want to be on their play mat, etc.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"