Breastfeeding
Options

a littls support

Just looking for a little bumpie support....

My daughter is 5 months old and starting this week we are going to have to start sumplementing during the day. she has gone thru the entire "stash" I had in the freezer and is eatting more that I can pump during the day. She eats fine on the weekend when she nurses all day, but I can't pump enough during the day.

My DH of course doesn't see the big deal, we do what we have to... Which is true, but it's heart breaking for me... I wanted to nurse her for at least the first year. but I have tried everything I could think of... mothers milk teas... eatting peanut butter... granola....nothing works.

Thanks for the support!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: a littls support

• Options

You're doing a great job! 5 months is a long time to EBF so you should be very proud of yourself.  I'm not nearly that far along in BFing but I had to supplement with formula in the hospital because DS was having latch problems and I felt awful about it too, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  You're doing an amazing job.

• Options
    You are doing awesome!  5 months is so great:)  I am worried about this as well and am assuming I will have to start supplementing pretty much right when DS starts daycare:(  The pump and I do not get along...I barely get anything if I pump after nursing him and then he is frustrated and starving at his next BF'ing session. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you both for your support!!

It gets a little bit easier to suplement everyday... right now I nurse her while we are home but when I go to work she gets 2 breastmilk bottles and 2 formula ones.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"