North Carolina Babies
Options

Traveling while pregnant

I really want to go home to Charleston next weekend for Easter.  At that point, I will be 36 weeks.  Do you think I will be safe to travel the 4 1/2 hours home?  When did you stop traveling while pregnant?  I have an appointment Tuesday, so I'm going to ask my OB then.  Just wanted some other opinions!

Re: Traveling while pregnant

• Options
    My OB doesn't allow travel that far away that far along.  He was going to allow me to travel 2.5 hours away at 35 weeks, as long as I would be within 30 mins if a hospital.  DS was born at 32 weeks Stick out tongue

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wasn't allowed to travel at that point.  The last trip I made was at 29 weeks and I was planning to take one at 31 weeks, but it was 5 hours and I knew there was no way with how uncomfortable I was already feeling and all the potty breaks!  I'm glad I didn't make that roadtrip!  It was rough enough at 29 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB/GYN didn't allow travel after 32 weeks any further than 1 hour from a major hospital and no further than 2 hours from home.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    I had my shower back home in Savannah around 33 weeks.  I remember thinking on the ride home that I couldn't have had my shower any later.  Not long after that I had some major issues with swelling and was put on bedrest for a while.  I never asked about travel after that because there was no way I could go anywhere. 

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options
    my doctor said it was ok to travel up until 36 weeks.  I had a very easy pregnancy and had no complications.  If you feel comfortable and your Dr. says ok, then go for it. 
  • Options

I don't remember when my OB said to stop traveling, but at 36 weeks you should consider the risks. If you go into labor OOT or have any complications, do you want to go to that hospital and not be able to see your local OB?

If you go I would stop at least every 2 hours and walk around a bit. I hope you have a good weekend whatever you decide!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    I would probably do it.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and I never even went into labor on my own so I would have been just fine to go to Charlestone at 40 weeks, hahaha.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"