Health & Exercise
Options

paraguard

Hello,

Does anyone out there have any reviews about using paraguard IUD? I am looking for something longer term like that, but I wanted to see if someone had had experience with it.

Thanks.

Re: paraguard

• Options

I had paraguard right before I got pregnant.  I had it taken out in March and was pregnant in August. 

After an initially traumatizing insertion (that didn't hurt at all, but I ended up with a horrible UTI they thought was a pelvic infection, and after many out of network urgent care visits and ultrasounds, everything was fine but I ended up paying over $2,000 for all of that), it was fine.  I did bleed longer than normal (my normal 8 day period turned into a 10 day period) and the first few months had stronger menstrual cramps, but all in all, it was fine.  It's the birth control I've hated the least so I'll probably get another after I've had my baby.  

Also, I chose this over Mirena because I've had AWFUL experiences on hormonal birth control and didn't want to risk having any hormones, even though I know they're localized.  And, not getting my period would just freak me out, which can happen with Mirena.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"