Single Parents

just got a bomb dropped on me...

So as you know I work for my Dad. Well he just got a call from my Mom saying that she just quit her job, walked out. My Mom is DS's day care teacher.... I also got a sweet deal on the price because I'm family. My current day care cost works out to be roughly 31% of my income. Now that she quit next month it doubles to 63% of my income.... instead of my bills (insurance, phone, daycare) being between 50-60% of my income I'm looking upwards of 80% now. Where is the room for diapers? treats? clothing? anything for #2? I'm freaking out here!!

Good thing I have a DB for an X ... all his support will surely help (note: sarcasm, he hasnt given me a cent!!)

Re: just got a bomb dropped on me...

• I hate to sound rude, but what they h3ll was your mother thinking.  I mean I would think twice b4 walking out since my grandbaby is in the same care!!! Sorry if it sounds bad!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Maybe your mom would be willing to keep LO for you for the reduced price.  Sounds like she doesn't need the money if she just walked out.  That was crappy of her to leave you and LO hanging and I think that's the least she should do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefauxshelley:
    Maybe your mom would be willing to keep LO for you for the reduced price.  Sounds like she doesn't need the money if she just walked out.  That was crappy of her to leave you and LO hanging and I think that's the least she should do.

This!

• She doesn't need the money... I know they wouldn't leave me hanging, they know ALL my financial issues - from the divorce I'm going thru. But I dont want to make her feel like DS is her responsibility because she left me hanging. I knew this day would come eventually and I can't lean on them forever. Maybe I can get support from the government...
  • Yes you maybe can! I am glad you are thinking positive. Personally I would have gone postal, but that is because I know how my mother is!!! GL and I hope that it all works out for the good!
  • mrgnmrgn member

imagemommamelmo:
    She doesn't need the money... I know they wouldn't leave me hanging, they know ALL my financial issues - from the divorce I'm going thru. But I dont want to make her feel like DS is her responsibility because she left me hanging. I knew this day would come eventually and I can't lean on them forever. Maybe I can get support from the government...

Or you could ask your mom to watch him a couple days and put him in day care part time so the cost is less for you. I don't know how she would feel about it, but it is definitely an option.

• imagemrgn:

imagemommamelmo:
    She doesn't need the money... I know they wouldn't leave me hanging, they know ALL my financial issues - from the divorce I'm going thru. But I dont want to make her feel like DS is her responsibility because she left me hanging. I knew this day would come eventually and I can't lean on them forever. Maybe I can get support from the government...

Or you could ask your mom to watch him a couple days and put him in day care part time so the cost is less for you. I don't know how she would feel about it, but it is definitely an option.

This! I would ask her if she could watch him for a deducted price than what you were paying the day care before you get assistance. Plus, you wouldn't immediately get the assistance if you did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemrgn:

imagemommamelmo:

• imagemrgn:

imagemommamelmo:

This!

• I'm sorry that this is happening.  That sucks.

As for the suggestion of putting your DS in daycare part time. . . at many centers, part time care costs almost as much as full time care because they have to manage their numbers (to have the proper rations between kids and teachers).  Some centers may work with you. . .

Can you switch your DS to a less expensive center, or is the one where he is now in line with childcare costs in your area?  What about a home child care provider?  They tend to cost less.  Check out this link if you want to see what other child care options are in your area:  https://www.childcareaware.org/en/tools/child_care_finder/index.php

I hope that things work out for you and your family.  You are in a tough spot.  I'm glad to see that your family is there to help you, but also that you want to do as much on your own as you can.  You'll figure it out.  Hang in there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"