Postpartum Depression
Options

Anxiety attacks?

Has anyone else dealt with anxiety attacks as part of their PPD?

I've been dealing with with some PPD/PPA over the past couple of weeks.  I ended up having the mother of all anxiety attacks last night (to the point where I was concerned that I was having a heart attack). I woke up from a sound sleep with a racing heart, cold shivers - all classic panic attack symptoms.

I'm still feeling the effects today - jittery, anxious, racing heart etc.  I've got a call into my psychiatrist, who hasn't called me back yet.  I'm not sure if I should get checked out in emergency or call my family doc.  I'm not medicated and up to this point have been dealing with it through talking, journalling etc. 

Opinions please?  I really don't want to go to emergency - I spent 5 days in hospital with complications from my gall bladder a couple of months ago - which was part of my trigger for PPD...

< img width=250 src="http://tinyurl.com/26erecp" border="1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anxiety attacks?

• Options
    sounds exactly what i have been going thru! i will awake in the middle of the night with racing heart,sweaty and having chills all at the same time! anxiety attacks usually are short lived if you can find something to concentrate on during them. i did go to the ER the other night b.c my stomach was hurting so bad radiating to my back. i just started zoloft this week b/c i can't handle this feeling all the time. good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for the good wishes! 

I ended up going to emergency & have a prescription for a combo anti-depressant & anti-anxiety as well as some Ativan if I'm having a bad panic attack.  

I've dealt with depression most of my life, but this is a whole 'nother kettle of fish...

Here's to feeling better!

< img width=250 src="http://tinyurl.com/26erecp" border="1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageChloeFH:

Thanks for the good wishes! 

I ended up going to emergency & have a prescription for a combo anti-depressant & anti-anxiety as well as some Ativan if I'm having a bad panic attack.  

I've dealt with depression most of my life, but this is a whole 'nother kettle of fish...

Here's to feeling better!

amen to that! i have never felt something like this before! i guess we will have good day and some bad ones...but hopefully more good to come!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"