New York Babies

Commute from NYC to NJ?

I'm considering a new job but am wondering if anyone can shed some light into what my commute would look like from the UWS to Union, NJ. I have a 6 month old at home and need to understand what my hours will be looking like. TIA! 

Re: Commute from NYC to NJ?

• I'd check out the website www.hopstop.com .

It gives you ballpark estimates of how long it will take.  Just put in your starting and ending addresses.

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • I work in NJ (secaucus) and live in Queens. It's a 1/2 hour train ride into the city and then a 1/2 hour ride (we have a company bus) into NJ... in the morning!

On the way home the ride from NJ into the city can be anywhere from 1/2 hour on a good day to 1 whole hour if there is traffic... I am expecting my first baby in April and this work scenario will no longer work for me... it's also exhausting... For instance office hours for me are 8:15 to 5pm which means that I am up at 6:00 leave the house by 6:45 and I am not back at home till 6:30 or 7pm on most days... I have been doing it for over two years now but once LO is here not sure I will be able to make it work.

• Loading the player...
  • I commute from Roselle Park (one stop away from Union) to 57th and 7th. My trip door to door takes a little over an hour. The Union stop is on the Raritan Valley Line, which means you have to transfer in Newark, which can be a pain, but the Union stop is the first one after Newark, so it is a quick ride. Depending on where in Union you are working, the Elizabeth station might be more convenient and wouldn't involve a transfer in Newark.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"