Pregnant after 35
Options

May i ask you ladies a ?

Hi Ladies, may i ask your opinion, i am 38 and will be 39 in september and this is our 6 cycle (i know its not that long ttc) we are ttc our 1st, but you hear and read if you havent conceived in 6mths and over 35 see your doc, so if nothing happens this month, should i? I have charted the 6 cycles, i ovulate between 12-15 days and my cycle is usually 27 days, i do experience spotting mid cycle which i think is due to ovulation and i tend to spot a few days (up to 5) before AF, thats where im concerned, maybe a progestrone problem, anyway what do you think? Thank you ladies!! Big   Smile

Re: May i ask you ladies a ?

• Options

Absolutely, I say make an appt. with an R.E. (reproductive endocrinologist) in your area, don't put it off.  Talk to a doctor sooner rather than later, especially about your observations about your cycle.   It takes a month/cycle to do the various blood draws & tests needed for a fertility work-up anyway, so go ahead and get started.   Then you can get answers/facts about what's going on & make informed decisions about how to proceed.  And who knows, in the meantime you might get BFP on your own!

Actually the first time we met with our RE, the appt. was 4 days after I was supposed to have AF, but I was late, and so at that meet & greet appt. with the doctor, I took a pregnancy test and had a BFP!   So maybe just making the appt. took some stress out of our lives & made it easier to conceive,  I don't know. 

Also, I highly recommend checking out the "TTC after 35" board on TheBump also, lots of knowledgeable & supportive women there.  

I'm not trying to stress you out, just sharing, because I didn't know about the 6 month rule & made the mistake of waiting a year at 38 before seeking help, and I really regretted waiting that long.  

All the best to you! 

• Options
    Yes!  You should definately get in to see your doctor.  I went on month 6, and hubby went straight away to be tested first (that was fun).  He came back good and after some blood work, my doctor prescribed Clomid.  One dose and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant!  So, don't wait, get to the doc as soon as you can!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies, i will wait until next week when af due.....fingers crossed it doesnt show.....and on cd1 i will make the call, thanks again and wishing you all a wonderful pregnancy and health and happiness with your bundle of joy!!!
  • Options
    If you don't get your BFP this cycle I would definitely see an RE. The spotting seems suspicious to me because I have never had spotting mid-cycle and 5 days before AF and my body is like an atomic clock. You could seriously set yourself by my body clock.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options
    Definitely see a doc!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"