Attachment Parenting

NAPR - Rec your car sunshade

I need a safe sunshade for our car for Ari. I was going to have my windows tinted but I'm probably going to trade my car for a wagon soon. Any recs?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NAPR - Rec your car sunshade

• Most folks will say there is no safe sunshade -- projectile in a car crash, etc...  We bought some tint cling film and that seemed to be ok but it's not really the same as a true sun shade.  So we bought the Eddie Bauer one that has suction cups at the top and bottom and no hard roller piece.  We got it at Target.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGypsyEsq:
    Most folks will say there is no safe sunshade -- projectile in a car crash, etc...  We bought some tint cling film and that seemed to be ok but it's not really the same as a true sun shade.  So we bought the Eddie Bauer one that has suction cups at the top and bottom and no hard roller piece.  We got it at Target.

i have that "tint" cling also. it pretty much sucks :(

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto both the pp. We tried the clings and after DH worked himself into a fit trying to get all of the air bubbles out I returned it to Target, told them it sucked, and got the suction cup ones. They're ok, but I'd rather get the windows tinted when we have the cash.
    Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ugh, i was wondering this same thing since we just moved DD to her convertible set. drat and blast! i had high hopes for that cling film.
  • The cling ones suck and look really bad - returned it to Target also.  They have some nice ones at BRU that clip onto the top of the window and have a suction cup at the bottom.  Unfortunately, they won't work in our car since it has a safety feature that prevents the window from closing with a foreign object.  So I guess I will be trying the total suction cup one and hopefully that works!  I think pp mentioned the Eddie Bauer one at Target.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"