Single Parents
Options

Question re: BF

Of you ladies who still are BF or did BF your LOs-how long are you planning to do it, or how long did you do it for?  My plan is to try to go for a year but DS seems to be very interested in solids lately and I am wondering if my supply will drop as a result of this.  I have heard sometimes babies wean themselves and I wonder if he will.  Just curious about everyone's responses. 

FYI: The reason I plan to try to make it to a year is because I have heard it is best for them to do it that long and also because custody is a none-issue while you are EBF. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question re: BF

• Options
    I pumped for 4 months...  I'd have gone longer but thrush became a battle I wasn't willing to fight.  He got BM for 5 months due to my freezer storage.  IF i had been able to, I would have done it for a years too.  Smile
  • Options
    I BF for 5 months.  I stopped for two totally selfish reasons, I hated pumping at work and I wanted my body back.  Jack was bottle fed pumped milk more than "straight from the tap" bc I work so much, so it wasn't a hard transition for him at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrgnmrgn member
    I will BF until she's about a year. I plan to slowly cut out feedings one at a time until she is only BF before bed at a year or maybe a little longer. I love nursing too much to give it up any time soon.
  • Options

I Bf'd my DS exclusively and on demand for the first year.  Then he went straight to table food and nursed at naptimes/bedtimes until he was 2.  I weaned him then straight to a cup. No bottles even when I pumped he refused a bottle he would rather wait for hours than take the bottle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"