Postpartum Depression
Options

any feedback on Lexipro

This is my first post...I have been a lurker for a bit.  I was recently diagnosed with PPD....my therapist has been pushing me to try meds and suggested Lexipro.  My OB called it in for me this morning, just curious how you might have felt, reactions, etc. and if you like/dislike it.  Thanks!

Re: any feedback on Lexipro

• Options
    I have been on it for 4 weeks as of today.  At first it made me nauseous, tired, and had all sorts of side effects but they have gone away and I am feeling much better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was on it for a while and had a great experience with it - really worked well for me. I didn't experience any side effects and when it was time to wean off, I had an easy time with it. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My brother took that for about 4 days and stopped due to hallucinations.
  • Options

I have been on it since October and I feel like its made a HUGE change for the better in my life.  It took a couple of weeks to get the right dose.  I started with a small dose and inched up to the right one.  But since then...its been a good experience.

I take it at night because it does have a bit of a sleepiness factor for me (and not so for others).  Additionally, I do think that I have gained some weight since taking it.  Could it just be that I wasn't eating before and now I'm taking care of myself?  Sure.  But I choose to blame the meds.  :)  But even with the weight gain (I'm talking 5lbs), I wouldn't give him the stability it gives me for the world!

Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm on it again for the 3rd time now - my side effects are clenching my teeth at night & vivid dreams (dr says they're related). Also the first few days I had slight nausea and headaches but it goes away after a day or two. But the medication works for me. Good luck.
  • Options

I do find myself clenching my teeth now, I often wondered if it had to do with the Lexapro? Now I know, but not a big deal in my book. I have to take mine at night as it causes me to get sleepy, not as much as it use to when I first took it, but I still take it at night just in case.

And ditto the increased appetite. It probably is a combo of the medicine and the fact that I am actually feeling less anxious (I tend to avoid eating when I am stressed/anxious). I actually have gained a little weight, but now I actually fit back into some of my clothes that were starting to get big on me. So not much of a gain.

Otherwise, it only took about a week for it to take its full affect and it has made a tremendous difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"