3rd Trimester
Options

"Push Present" for Dad's?

I've thought about getting something for DH to celebrate the birth of our son, even though Father's Day will be just a few days (or maybe the day). I'd like to get him something that I wouldn't normally get him maybe.

WDYT? I know that he's getting me something to say "yay! We did it! I'm so proud of you!" but I'm proud of him too for sticking by me through all of this, and I think he deserves a little summpin summpin!

(and by that I mean a really nice bottle of Port)

Re: "Push Present" for Dad's?

• Options
    I would absolutely get DH a "push present" if he wasn't so weird about gifts . . . he never wants ANYTHING . . . it will be hard enough getting a Father's Day idea out of him.  I don't think I got him anything for Christmas this year because he couldn't think of anything to ask for and he won't let me buy him anything he doesn't ask for. 
  • Options

I've thought the same thing. I know it's cliche, but maybe a nice cigar or two. Since my DH actually likes to smoke a cigar now and again, it would be appropriate for him.

Of course, he would have to smoke it somewhere else and then immediately strip his clothes when he walked in the door - putting them directly into the washing machine and then march into the shower to wash the stink off...

But other than that, it would be a nice gesture for him!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband had been talking about how he wanted the Queen CD box set, so I got that for him as a way to say "thanks for everything".  I think he 'll be really suprised.  And maybe upset that I didn't save the money, but I'm will to take that chance :)
  • Options
    imageSissyKate21:

I've thought the same thing. I know it's cliche, but maybe a nice cigar or two. Since my DH actually likes to smoke a cigar now and again, it would be appropriate for him.

Of course, he would have to smoke it somewhere else and then immediately strip his clothes when he walked in the door - putting them directly into the washing machine and then march into the shower to wash the stink off...

But other than that, it would be a nice gesture for him!

Cliche or not - if it's something that he enjoys, then that's great!

Yes - I think a nice bottle of Port is in order for DH! I'll just have to wrap it up and slip it in my hospital bag when he's not looking! lol

• Options

Hmm, this is a really good idea.

I think I may just write a really nice letter to DH thanking him for all of the support he's given to me through the pregnancy and letting him know how excited I am to start the next chapter of my life with him. A nice bottle of scotch may be good too. 

• Options
    I got a digital frame for his work that I am going to put pics of LO on.
  • Options

I'm due the day after Father's Day (June 21) so I will be getting DH something from Aubrey for father's day.  If I'm late then I will give it to him on Father's Day.  If I'm early, I won't have to worry about trying to get out and get something. 

But I have no idea what to get!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm giving DH a baby. I think that's something that says "yay! we did it!" and a baby is definitely something I wouldn't normally give him, lol!
  • Options
    I'm getting DH something...especially because my due date is not only Father's Day but his birthday too!!
  • Options

I've never really paid attention to these threads before, so let me get this straight: I carry and nurture our kid for 40 ish weeks, and then I push out our kid and I get him a gift??

f*ck that sh*t. (sorry to sound crass). But I will gratefully accept gifts from him.

:)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejacquelinethorne:
    I'm giving DH a baby. I think that's something that says "yay! we did it!" and a baby is definitely something I wouldn't normally give him, lol!

haha fair enough!

I just know that in our particular situation, he's been really amazing and stuck by me though more complications that we would have liked, including almost losing this little guy - so giving him a nice bottle of Port to say "hey...we did it. Welcome to Parenthood" isn't such a big deal

• Options

I think having LO as an outside baby is enough of a present.

Cookin a little human for 40 weeks then spending hours trying to push it out is lots of work! I'm not sure how that translates into DH getting a special gift. He wouldn't want one anyway- he'll be happy just to finally meet her.

Edit- BUT for those of you who want to do something special for your DH, thats great- I don't think its silly or stupid if you want to do it, it just isn't my style.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"