Single Parents

dd's surgery

So, dd had her surgery on her thumb today and she did great!  It was quick, she handled it great thanks to the meds they gave her and her not being upset made it so much easier on me :) 

You would never know that she had surgery today as she is off the wall! I think the anesthesia gave her the opposite side effect of most kids (drowsy) as she is bouncing off the walls.  She has a big bandage and has been fine with it and hasn't had any meds since 11:30 am- she's my little trooper. She stays in the bandage for 5 days and we go back next thursday.

My XH came to the hospital and was actually decent.  That is until he dropped us at home and we haven't heard from him since- all of her aunts, friends etc.. have checked on her- but not her daddy :(   Oh, and my ex MIL called me yesterday and screamed at me on my voicemail bc her son didn't tell her about the surgery........ um, not my fault- and the days of blaming me for his lack of relationships with the family are long over! UGH, the nerve!!  That lady is nuts. I have tried my best to keep an open door for her and my dd but not if she is going to be so disrespectful!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06

Re: dd's surgery

• Glad everything went well! :)
  • Yay!  Glad it all went well.  Boo for dad not checking up on her though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!!
    Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • imagekirbear:

So, dd had her surgery on her thumb today and she did great!  It was quick, she handled it great thanks to the meds they gave her and her not being upset made it so much easier on me :) 

You would never know that she had surgery today as she is off the wall! I think the anesthesia gave her the opposite side effect of most kids (drowsy) as she is bouncing off the walls.  She has a big bandage and has been fine with it and hasn't had any meds since 11:30 am- she's my little trooper. She stays in the bandage for 5 days and we go back next thursday.

My XH came to the hospital and was actually decent.  That is until he dropped us at home and we haven't heard from him since- all of her aunts, friends etc.. have checked on her- but not her daddy :(   Oh, and my ex MIL called me yesterday and screamed at me on my voicemail bc her son didn't tell her about the surgery........ um, not my fault- and the days of blaming me for his lack of relationships with the family are long over! UGH, the nerve!!  That lady is nuts. I have tried my best to keep an open door for her and my dd but not if she is going to be so disrespectful!

Glad everything went well for DD! 

In reference to the above quote-you can only do so much.  I have tried time and time again to reach out to XMIL only to have the door slammed in my face.  She has been rude, disrespectful, and she enables her worthless son to no end.  I have decided now that if she wants to have a relationship with DS she is going to have to make the next move.  I feel much better now and know that I have done all I can to facilitate this relationship-the rest is up to her.  I suggest doing the same, and I agree that she needs to be respectful of YOU if she is going to have a succesful relationship with DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageachase123:
    [

In reference to the above quote-you can only do so much.  I have tried time and time again to reach out to XMIL only to have the door slammed in my face.  She has been rude, disrespectful, and she enables her worthless son to no end.  I have decided now that if she wants to have a relationship with DS she is going to have to make the next move.  I feel much better now and know that I have done all I can to facilitate this relationship-the rest is up to her.  I suggest doing the same, and I agree that she needs to be respectful of YOU if she is going to have a succesful relationship with DD.

Achase, Do we have the same XMIL? 

Kirbear, Glad you DD's surgery went well.  She gets a Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"