3rd Trimester
Options

1 cm dialated and 85% effaced

What exactly does that mean? Had my first internal today, it wasnt bad to me at all. I just am spotting now is all. Dr thinks i may be delivering sooner!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1 cm dialated and 85% effaced

• Options

Efacement is how thin your cervix is, and dialation is how open it is. I think 1cm is a cheerio.... Once your cervix is 100% effaced, it means its completely thin.....Big Smile

ETA: https://www.justmommies.com/articles/effacement-and-dilation.shtml

This link might explain it better....

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was 85% effaced at 36 weeks.  I am now .5cm dilated and 90% effaced and 2 days overdue.  I hate it when drs get your hopes up like that...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Delivering soon....probably not. You can walk around dilated forever; dilation and effacement are not a clue to as of how soon you will be delivering. I was 1.5cm 80% effaced at 35wks and at 38 I'm now 2cm and 80%.
  • Options

imagegypsywitch:
    Delivering soon....probably not. You can walk around dilated forever; dilation and effacement are not a clue to as of how soon you will be delivering. I was 1.5cm 80% effaced at 35wks and at 38 I'm now 2cm and 80%.

This.  I've been 1cm and 80% effaced since 32 weeks.

• Options
    I agree with pp, i'm 1.5 and 80% since 37 weeks and am overdue - means nothing of in terms of when you'll deliver. 
  • Options
    Not to burst your bubble, but don't get your hopes up about delivering soon.  Last week I was 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced.  My doc said that it is normal for this stage of pregnancy, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.  I could progress really quickly and deliver next week, or I could stay stuck at 1 cm, 50% until I'm 41 weeks.  You just never know!  So be happy with your progression, but don't get your hopes up.
  • Options

Same here! At 37 wks I was 2 cm dilated and 100% effaced and the doctor said anyday now... At 38 weeks (last week), I was 3 cm and she said most likely within the week, but its been a no go! I have another appointment tomorrow, which should tell me more, but don't get your hopes up like I did!

• Options

thanks! i figured i may still go the 4 weeks i have left. doesnt matter to me too much, but i am getting very uncomfortable:)

I just wondered what all the internals mean if they dont tell you when you are going to go into labor:)

• Options

Unfortunately in terms of labor, it means nothing. I have been 3 cm, 80% effaced, anterior cervix position, and the baby at station -1 for over 2 weeks now.

I feel like I am going to strangle my midwife if she says "any time now" one more time. 

• Options
    I was 3cm and 90% at 37 weeks and went 2 days later!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"