2nd Trimester
Options

Please suggest your GRACO carseat and Stroller!

I have a lot of friends who say to NOT go with a TRAVEL SYSTEM..  because they are just too big and a pain.  (Or you can try to convince me why I should get one!!)

So I think I want to go with a CARSEAT and STOLLER (preferably GRACO!)
Which would you recommend (for a BOY)?

Here are some more questions I have:

1. Do all graco carseats snap into a stroller?
2. Should I get a CONVERTIBLE carseat? (MyRide 65)

any other details would be greatly APPRECIATED!!  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please suggest your GRACO carseat and Stroller!

• Options

Snugride

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageFishNchips1:

Snugride

Ditto.  They are rated among the safest!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLilacStar11:
    imageFishNchips1:

Snugride

Ditto.  They are rated among the safest!

Ditto this too. We LOVED ours. It was so convenient to be able to take the careseat in and out without having to actually move the baby.

• Options
    I do not have one that i would recommend... i am also looking... but i love Graco... that is what i had with DD. I had a travel system and do not think it is any different than a car seat and a stroller except that they snap together for convience. i will be getting another travel system for this one! i dont see how it could be an inconvience you dont have to keep them together... you can put the stroller where ever and only use the carseat or you can use the stroller without the carseat... the only thing is they match, come in one box and they can be snapped right together! i love travel systems and Graco!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh and also, I think all of the Graco infant carseats (not the convertible ones) snap into the Graco strollers, if you get a travel system. The convertible car seats are great for saving money, but they don't snap in to the stroller, so its pretty inconvenient.
  • Options

we are getting a  Bob Revolution stroller and the Graco Snugrude 35 Racer car seat (they are compatible with the carseat addaptor kit)! The Bob will last for a LONG time and we're incredibly active people; the reg strollers won't go well with our running/jogging lifestyle! 

• Options
    If you do get a convertible, Baby Bargains gives the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 an A. We registered for this one along with an infant car seat (Chicco though, not Graco).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I did buy the travel system, it seems like it would be easier to have things that work together.  I got the Grace Spree.  I agree that the whole thing is heavy, but I kinda got over that.  I like that it is easy to fold, get the carrier in and out, and that when you collapse the stroller part, it still stands upright.  Of course, I haven't tried this out with an actual baby (except my neighbor for like 1 minute) so I don't know how well it will hold up.

• Options

graco snugride - get the convertible later. 

snap&go - most convenient invention ever! :) 

• Options
    I actually love my Graco travel system.  It may be a little bulky, but it steers and rides so smoothly.  It's a cinch to open and close - I can even do this one-handed.  I'm 5' 8-1/2" and the stroller is a great height for me.  It's the only stroller I have used for the past almost 2 years.  (Except for a cheap-o umbrella stroller I bought for use at the airport and Vegas....but I HATE the stupid thing!)
  • Options
    imageMrsEmm:

graco snugride - get the convertible later. 

snap&go - most convenient invention ever! :) 

This is exactly what we did!  I loved the snap & go.  When #2 comes I'll definitely be using it again if DS isn't with us.

Once he outgrew the sng we went with the Baby Jogger City Mini.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The Graco Snugride is probably one of the most adaptable car seats on the market, a lot of strollers can have that particular seat attach to them.  Not all travel strollers are bulky....they range in size depending on what features you really want. If you want something more petit or lightweight...you might go with the Baby Jogger City Mini or the Bugaboo Bee. Or if you would prefer something that includes a bassinet and has a reversible seat, you might rather have something like the Uppababy Vista or the Bugaboo Cameleon.  There's a lot of really great strollers out there, all of the one's listed are compatible with the Graco Snugride...it's just a matter of narrowing down which features will work best with your family and lifestyle.
  • Options

We are registering for this one at buybuybaby.com for our boy due in Aug (MIL is buying)..It's the Graco Travel System Quatto Tour Deluxe... considered even $400+ ones but have 2 friends who have older Graco travel systems and they like them (except being bulky, yes) so we are getting the lighter Graco FRAME ($55-80) too, when I don't want to lug around a 30 pound frame.

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=graco+tour+deluxe+quattro&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4834236117286772496&ei=WGSqS8qWBcP88Aa7yJW9BQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBQQ8wIwAQ#ps-sellers

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"