Cleveland Babies
Options

Baby classes

Hi everyone this is my first child and I was thinking about taking a baby class or birthing class, does ne one know any free classes in the cleveland area I can sign up for or any really reasonable priced classes I can go to? I looked at the ones for hillcrest hosp(where im delivering at) and wanted to make sure they had the best deal !!!!

Thnks

Re: Baby classes

• Options

I'm delivering at UH Case/MacDonald, but am taking Bradley classes which they don't offer there so we are taking them at St. John's Medical Ctr. in Westlake.  It costs $150, but since it is 12 weeks is more expensive than the other classes at both UH and St. John's.

UH lists their classes here: https://www.uhhospitals.org/tabid/2161/Default.aspx

I've found that both hospitals offer a few free classes (like 'Going Green' at UH), but no free childbirth classes.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since April 2012

Year 1 - nothing

Year 2 - two m/c

Year 3 - unexplained diagnosis & 4 failed IUIs with Clomid/Letrozole

Year 4 - still unexplained & 3 failed IUIs with Follistim & Ovidral

Year 5 - trying on our own

• Options

The only one I know that used to offer free* childbirth & related classes is at Wadsworth-Rittman hospital, in the greater Medina area.

*they are now owned by a different hospital system so I don't know if they are continuing free classes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Wadsworth Rittman hospitals do still offer free birthing classes but they ask that you don't sign up until your final month. They say they want everything to be fresh in your mind. I am going to see if they will let me attend at 71/2 months tho- just because I am worried that our baby will arrive sooner than expected---(it has a tendancy to happen in both our families)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"