Single Parents
Options

Anyone's body change for the better after LO's birth?

I just went shopping this weekend and couldn't believe it....I am now down 3 pant sizes from before I got pg with DS.  Not trying to be an AW (although I am pretty excited) but I am also wondering if this will change after I stop breastfeeding.  I have known people who's metabolism completely changes one way or the other after they have children (some can't keep the weight on, some struggle more with keeping it off). 

I don't want to go crazy buying tons of clothes now if it is all going to change once I stop BF.  Anyone know anything about this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone's body change for the better after LO's birth?

• Options
    yup... I dropped ALL my prego weight within 6 weeks and pumped BM for 4 months... I was losing the whole time.  Then when I stopped I gained back 10 pounds.
  • Options
    I was def thinner when I BF. I haven't gained much back, but can see a difference.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boobs look great! im back to pre-pregnancy weight (cant get under it) but I have a c/s pooch and nasty strech marks all down my legs/thighs and my hips.... nothing I have tried helps the appearance of them either.
  • Options

imageWhatIsLove?:
    My boobs look great! im back to pre-pregnancy weight (cant get under it) but I have a c/s pooch and nasty strech marks all down my legs/thighs and my hips.... nothing I have tried helps the appearance of them either.

That's great about the boobs!  Did you BF?

• Options
    Hell no! I was super thin and shall I say "perky" before baby.  I BF for the first 6 months and then Bf/FF a couple of months after that.  DD is 18 months and I don't look bad but more of the average range and boobs are def not the same!
  • Options
    My body loves being pregnant and with both pregnancies I was back to pre pregnancy weight by 6 weeks PP. However, with my last pregnancy I ended up losing a total of 62 lbs in the first four months... how ever with all the hormones gone I have gained about 20 lbs back.:(  I attempted to BF both children but due to DD#1s failure to thrive they had to out her on a high caloric formula and DD#2 refused to BF after her overdose at a month old.
  • Options

I lost all my weight within 2 weeks and could fit back in my pre-preg clothes. When I stopped BF I gained 6 lbs back. Not enough to take me up a size though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I totally rocked a bikini when my girls were 7 months old - you wouldn't catch me in one now. I've gained about 20 pounds since I stopped pumping.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    You ladies are making me so jealous!! I am about 10 lbs lighter than I was when when i got pg but my body is not the same. I can fit in some of my pre-preg. clothes, but not quite all of them. I have to lose about 5-10 more lbs to be able to comfortable fit into my shorts, and I have to do it before vacation in June. I have a ton of shorts and I refuse to buy any in a bigger size.
  • Options
    I have a SIL who is thin after having two. She was maybe a 12/14 before and is a 5/6 now and has been for years. I on the other hand was 3/4 and now I am a 14. UGH........ I do have large boobs that I did not have before and I am not to fond of them but DH is. My SIL has no boobs and she did before so you never know...
  • Options
    I am not even a week PP so I can't say exactly what my body is going to do but as of right now it looks pretty bad. I still look like I am about 4 months pregnant. I am going to ask the dr when I can start working out because I have to wear a uniform for work and don't want to look like this when I go back.
  • Options

imagexcjen06:
    I am not even a week PP so I can't say exactly what my body is going to do but as of right now it looks pretty bad. I still look like I am about 4 months pregnant. I am going to ask the dr when I can start working out because I have to wear a uniform for work and don't want to look like this when I go back.

You should try the "Belly Bandit" (www.bellybandit.com).  I used it when I had DS-put it on pretty much right after I had him.  It is a velcro belly support of sorts that you strap on and wear to make your belly go down faster.  I could barely velcro it together when I first put it on but about two or three weeks later my stomach was so flat I didn't need it anymore.  I still wore it at night though sometimes.  I lent it to a friend who recently had her second baby and she said it made a HUGE difference than when she had her first daughter. 

Oh, and my dr wanted me to wait six weeks before working out but I couldn't stand it.  I felt fine so I started walking probably a few days PP and working out probably two to three weeks PP.  Not saying that you shouldn't check with your doctor though.  That is what's best, and I think that she would have said I could do it sooner but I kept fighting a cold and I had several bouts with mastitis so she recommended rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"