2nd Trimester
Options

Initials would be G.O.D.

Grace Olivia is the name my husband and I both love but our last name starts with a "D".  Would you still use the name?

I also put this on the baby names board.

Re: Initials would be G.O.D.

• Options
    Looks fine to me Smile
  • Options
    I guess i'd be more concerned if the initials were A.S.S or something like that ;) I think Grace Olivia is a beautiful name..
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Grace Olivia  is a great name : ) I totally agree with the comment above me

: )

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I guess it depends on if you're religious/spiritual or not. 

I, personally, wouldn't feel comfortable with those initials because of my views, but it's totally got to be what YOU are comfortable with. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not religious, but i still think it's the name YOU love, so why not name your baby that? If you're in love with the name, and it doesn't bother, you, GO FOR IT!!!! It's a beautiful name!!! 
  • Options
    I think it's kind of cool:)
  • Options
    That's a gorgeous name!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ha--that's funny.  I doubt many people would even notice, though.

I'm not religious, so this wouldn't bother me at all.  Even I was religious, though, I think I would still go for it.  It's a beautiful name.  

J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options

I think it's a lovely name. I've taught more children with religious names that I can shake a stick at. In the last year, I've had to laugh a lot at the 6 Jesus's in our school (all pronounced the spanish way of course) but teachers who don't know that call them Jesus all the time!

Grace Olivia is a wonderful name!

• Options
    If you don't like the initials, could you go with Olivia Grace?  Then you keep the names you like, and you could still call her Grace.
  • Options
    I would use it..I like it. It's better than the initials our daughter will have which is A.R.M. ,lol
  • Options
    My son is Calvin Allen R. so his initials are CAR.  I don't think many people will notice though, I've only had one person point out my son's initials.
  • Options
    You should change your last name. Just kidding! I think its fine. Not fine, that name is lovely! If you're not religious than it doesn't matter, and if you are then you are not calling her God so its still fine. 
  • Options
    we were talking about names when we first tried to conceive and came up with Austin Derek and the initial would be A.D.D. !  but even better - if I used my maiden name the initials would be A.D.H.D!!  I thought it was funny!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I wouldn't worry about the initials too much. Most girly monograms are done with the last name in the middle anyways, so it would say GDO.

• Options

Thank you everyone for the advice.  Someone on the baby names board also suggested that if it bothered us too much we could special Olivia with an A.  Not sure how I feel about that but it is an alternative. 

It is true that her initials wouldn't be used that often so that is something to think about also.  She will love it or despise it when she gets older.

• Options
    Beautiful name, but NO! Can you give her a 2nd mn or switch it to Olivia Grace? Imagine the teasing... 'So you think you're God, huh?' Kids are mean! Not worth it, IMO.
  • Options
    imageTinyTeacher:

I wouldn't worry about the initials too much. Most girly monograms are done with the last name in the middle anyways, so it would say GDO.

This is exactly what I was going to say.  I loved the name Jill Ellise W.  Initials straight across would be JEW.  I also liked Payton Anne W....PAW.  LOL
  • Options
    The initials wouldn't bother me, but both names are extremely trendy and I wouldn't use them just for that.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would not want to have those initials
  • Options

The name is really pretty but, I'd be really uncomfortable putting her on a pedistal like that.

I think Olivia Grace is just as pretty if not, prettier.  You could still call her by her middle name, Grace. 

• Options

what kind of crazy bully would go hunting down someone's middle name? unless you intend to monogram all her belongings...

i think it's lovely. it's much better than my mil. her parents gave her a first name beginning with k, and her last name is lutz. that means she was always k.lutz on all the school rosters.

• Options
    I think the name is beautiful either way grace olivia or olivia grace ! my daughter name is Madileine Grace and I often call her grace or gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"